Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jacobs POV

"So where does that leave me dad am I just going to stay here for the next year until I move away to college next year all by myself." I ask thinking that's the only other option but boy was I wrong.

"No son, I can't trust you here by yourself anymore.  Look what happened last night.  That is the third time I've caught you coming home drunk in the last 6 months alone and I talked to Mrs Sue next door she told me all about the parties you throw while I'm gone and how more often then not she has found throw up all over her flowers in the morning. So no son I am not letting you stay here by yourself for the next year without adult supervision. I have called up my best friend, your godfather Kyle and he has graciously offered to take you in for the school year." my dad says sternly while looking at me in the eyes.

"But I haven't seen Uncle Kyle since moms accident ten years ago. Besides he lives in California I will have to change schools why can't I just stay with Aunt Rosie or Josh's family I'm sure they wouldn't mind." I plead and I'm starting to get pissed. How dare he come in after not seeing me for two weeks and dictate my life. I'm seventeen not seven I've practically been on my own for the last ten years I can handle one year on my own.

"What if I say no.  I will be 18 in January that's six months I can stay with Josh for three months then Aunt Rosy for three months then in January I can legally live on my own and you can't stop me." I say thinking that will work.

"You can do that but you still need my permission to play football since you are still 17 and football camp starts next month. Look Jacob I am not trying to ruin your life I'm trying to create a compromise. Instead of moving you to a whole new country I'm sending you to the next state over. It's only an hour and a half flight from Laughlin Nevada, to San Diego California or a six hour drive. You can still see your friends once and a while and I trust Kyle with my life. He and his wife have seven kids already he will give you the structure and attention you need to stop acting out and drinking your life away. Between your mom and the new job you will be pretty much be on your own in England and I'm sorry to say that you lost my trust with all this partying and getting drunk you do. San Diego is the best option you have take it or say hello to military school." my dad says with a sigh.

"How long do I have before you get rid of me." I say dejectedly.

"The office gave me a week off to get my affairs in order for the move so I have a lot of things to handle. I'll give you the same time, you leave for California on Friday." my dad says then looks at his watch. Today is Saturday so I have six days to pack my life up and say goodbye to my friends and teammates.

"Its almost noon why don't you get Josh up and explain everything to him I'll be in my room making a few calls. We will go visit your mother tomorrow at 11am make sure your not late." my dad says then gets up and leaves. He says it so calmly like he hasn't just turned my life upside down not five minutes ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote comment fan and share!!
Thank you!!!