0.28 - Pills & Potions

Start from the beginning

We walked into the cafeteria and there was a lady dressed as a nurse with a ton of medication behind her. Each bottle had someone's name on it, and there were two huge racks filled. Michael was first and the lady smiled at him before handing him what I assumed was his daily medicine.

He had two pills and swallowed them right in front of her. She smiled and told him he could go in before it was Loraine's turn.

"Here's your potion Miss.Loraine." Loraine pouted and looked at the purple liquid medicine.

"I don't want it today Ma'am."

The lady frowned softly and shrugged. "Then I guess you can't get better. Remember what I told you Miss, all the mermaids and super heroes take this medicine. Now you best drink up if you want to become one one day."

In all honesty I'm not too sure if she really believed her, but she solemnly nodded and drank up the purple liquid. She shuddered and took an extra glass of water before following Michael.

"Name Miss?"

"Lilly Maxwell."

She looked through the carts before smiling and handing me a small cup with four pills.

"What're these for?" I asked, frowning.

"They're your daily meds Miss. You're required to take them or else no food. And then.. Well, you'll be in trouble." She gave me a sad smile and I glared now.

"Do you think I'm just going to take some random pills without knowing what they're for?" I asked her. "I'm not that dumb okay."

She just handed me the cup and crossed her arms, waiting for me to swallow them.

"You have got to be kidding me..." I muttered. I crossed my arms right back at her and she frowned before pressing a small button on the wall next to her.

In seconds Dr.Francis appeared by my side.

"Do we have a problem here?" She laid a honey hand on my shoulder and smiled at the two of us.

"Miss.Lilly refuses to take her medication." She stated.

"Now Lilly, I'm sure you're hungry. Just swallow them and get on with you're day. If you don't like pills them I'll happily arrange for you to get a liquid version." She smiled at me and then looked over my shoulder. Her smile grew out of pure.... Joy.

"I see you made some friends!" She said and smiled happily. "I doubt you want to keep Loraine and Michael waiting. Please swallow the pills and go join them for lunch. I promise the food is better than the nasty hospital food."

"I'd rather et that then whatever it is you're trying to feed me." I spat in her face.

She blinked a bit and her lips pressed together tightly. "Lilly, I'm not going to ask again."

I frowned and my hands clenched together as anger boiled up inside me. I took a shaky deep breath and let my eyes close as I tried to regain my composure.

Breathe Lilly, breathe. Just take the pills and go sit down. You want to get through this remember? You want to go home and be with Thomas and James and all your other friends. Just take the pills and go sit do-

"Lillian."

My eyes shot wide open when she said my name. Finally I snapped and I shoved her away from me with all the force I had and she tumbled back into the wall.

"Never, ever call me Lillian! We went though this already and you still have the audacity to call me that? Really?" I growled and stepped closer but before I could a pair of hands was holding me back.

My breathing was rigid and I looked back to see Michael looking down at me with that blank expression. But despite that his grip on me was like a vice grip.

"Lilly," he said in my ear, his voice low and deep. I was sure no one could hear what he was saying besides me. "I understand that this place is shit despite what she says. Just take the pills and come sit down. You're not helping your case by going bat shit crazy."

Oddly enough, he had a point. I slowly started to nod and he let go of me. I walked over to the frightened nurse and swallowed all four pills in one gulp. My hand was shaky and my body felt light and weak all of a sudden. Michael rubbed my back and shot a glance towards Dr.Francis before leading me back to the table where a calm Loraine sat.

I sighed and took a seat across from Michael and Loraine, looking down at my shaking hands. My eyes closed and I bit my lip to keep myself from crying.

How did I go from being Lilly, the girl with the best friend anyone could ask for, an amazing boyfriend and friends, to a girl who is stuck in an asylum with a boy who is crazy yet... Not, and then a cheery happy-go-lucky girl with anorexia?

-

Dun dun dunnnnnnn!

Now you have met Loraine and Michael! Not gonna lie, Michael is pretty chill.

Plus he's an animal lover awwww

Two more characters to be introduced next chapter and I want y'all to tell me if you notice anything~

But hey! I have some very very important news!

So my story Incoherent got nominated for best Romance in the Rose Awards!! I sent out a little message yesterday but it would mean the absolute world to me if you found her book and voted for my story under the chapter that says "Best Romance."

This is the first time I have ever been nominated for an award and I would really really appreciate actually winning it!

So if you could go over there and take a few minutes of your day to vote for my story that would mean the absolute world to me!

Much love

~ Mercay