Chapter 31- Tell Me Something I Would Like To Know

Start from the beginning

I pretended like I didn't hear her and quickly dashed down the steps, making my way over to the gym doors. That was a close call, I didn't know how long I could've handled it.

Deep breaths, Jess. Deep breaths, maybe Keith and you just weren't... meant to be.

That thought alone stabbed my heart, I just wanted to be with him for once, to know what it feels like. I mean, he was my ultimate crush and I've never had it that bad before.

He makes my heart pound, he makes me shy and nervous. Even a glance from him now sends a gazillion butterflies fluttering away in my stomach.

I just... I just wanted to know.

My heart clenched painfully and I gasped slightly, I wasn't on the verge of tears was I? I couldn't cry over this! I just couldn't.

Ah crud, I was going to cry.

Distraction! I needed a distraction from these thoughts. I would have to keep myself occupied until I'm over this, but who?

"Hey, Jess! Wait up!" A familiar voice called out.

That voice sounded a lot like...

I turned around and saw a familiar blonde-dude jogging up to me, panting slightly as he smiled. A football tucked under his arm.

I stared at him, dumbfounded, "You've got to be kidding me."

He wiggled his eyebrows at me, tossing the football from one hand to another, "You didn't expect me to just leave you just because you commented on my non-existent pimple, did you?"

I gave him a sarcastic look, "Of course I didn't, how could I expect that from someone with attachment issues?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at me as he stopped tossing the ball for a moment, "I don't have any attachment issues."

"Is that what your inner shrink told you?"

He smirked in amusement as he went back to his football tossing, "You seem like you're in a bad mood."

I eyed him up, "Gee, I wonder why."

He gave me a playful look, "Oh come on, I'm not that bad."

I crossed my arms, "You're right, you're worse."

He rolled his eyes at me, smiling, "Okay, I know just the thing to cheer you up."

"Are you going to move to the other side of the universe?"

He gave me an incredulous look and stopped tossing the ball, "What? No, I--"

"Are you going to go jump off a cliff?"

"Huh? What are you--"

"Sink to the bottom of the ocean?"

He threw his arms up in frustration, accidently throwing the ball over his shoulder, "Why do you hate me so much?"

I shrugged, "I just find you more annoying than--"

"Hey! Winston, what's with the head-shots?" I heard Keith call out.

Oh, Keith's here.

Wait...

Keith's here!

I looked over to see Keith walking up to us, a slightly annoyed look on his face as he looked from 'Winston' to me. His eyes never left mine as he walked over and my heart pounded in my chest as nervousness began to settle in.

But what made me confused was... why was he annoyed? It made me feel a bit worried. I've never seen him annoyed before, ever.

Hm, it just might be because 'Winston' accidently threw the ball at his head. Haha, I wished I would've seen that.