Chapter 20- Just Keep The Distance

Keith shoved his hands in his pockets as he kept walking. I, however, could not think about rainbow-monkeys. Even for my sake.

I couldn't believe it, I had touched Keith for the first time and I was reacting like this. Actually, I believe my heart has a problem I'm not aware of, yet. But, still it wasn't like he was some kind of forbidden object that I felt excited after touching.

I felt so confused, if there was a slight possibility of me liking Keith then... why? I mean, he was just an average guy. Nothing special except... maybe his shiny blonde-hair or his amazing green eyes.

I blinked and mentally slapped myself, what the hell was wrong with you, Jess? Snap out of it!

Keith was nasty and smelled of wilted flowers! Yeah, that's it...

Wait, wilted flowers...? I groaned, this was going to be so hard. Keith, I mean, really? I could've done so much better! I seriously deserve some male-model, not Keith!

No, no, no. I did not like Keith, I did not like Keith, I did not like Keith. I felt myself calm down, it was working. I kept chanting it in my mind, I did not like--

"Hey, um, Jess?" Keith's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I mentally cursed, and looked up at him, trying to ignore my feelings, "What?" I asked quietly.

What the heck? Where did my voice go?!

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Um, why're you so quiet? Usually you're the loud one," My eyes widened slightly, does he know? He gave me a skeptical look, "Are you sure you're--"

I had to save myself, "Quiet? Who's quiet? I'm not quiet! Maybe you've gone deaf from all the silence, I mean, who wouldn't? It's so silent!" I laughed awkwardly at Keith's bewildered expression.

He blinked, "Um, okay... but if you don't feel--"

I threw my arms up, "Keith, seriously I'm fine! Look," I skipped around him, "See?" I grinned.

He nodded, raising his hands in surrender, "Okay, okay..." His gaze trailed down to my feet then he looked back at me, shocked, "Jess? Where are your shoes?"

I sighed in relief, glad for the change of subject and then shrugged, "I ditched them,"

"What? Why?"

I laughed at his stunned expression, but then smirked, "I threw them at a dog,"

He raised an eyebrow, "Do I even want to know the rest of it?"

I shook my head, smirking, "Not really,"

"So what? You're going to walk bare-footed?"

I nodded, "Yup,"

"You do know you look homeless, right?" He mused.

I snorted, "Well, that won't be a problem since I'm standing next to you,"

He chuckled and nodded, "Okay then," Then after a while he asked, "Okay, so what're we going to do first?"

I thought about it for a moment, "Hm, do you have the list?"

I shook his head, "No, I gave it to you, remember?"

Realization dawned on me, "Oh... right,"

"Well, do you have it?"

I shrugged, "Nope, I left it on the couch earlier,"

He sighed, "Okay, so how do you expect us to get the items?"