Chapter 30- Nothing I Can't Handle

I banged the front door open and sang, "I'm home!"

"No party, sorry!" I heard Brad reply from the living room.

I smirked smugly, un-fazed by his comment as I made my way to the living room. Brad was sitting on the couch, watching wrestling on TV.

I plopped down beside him and my smirk widened, "Of course there's no party since you rather spend your Sunday nights watching sweaty guys roll around in the boxing ring, and that doesn't sound weird at all." I looked at him and saw that he was looking annoyed.

He huffed in annoyance, and turned it off, tossing the remote beside him and folding his arms behind his head, "Right, whatever," He kicked his legs up on the coffee table, "What happened about the deal with your friends?"

Ah, he changed the subject on me didn't he? But, I was feeling persistent.

I wagged my eyebrows at him, "Afraid that I might've found out your secret?"

He rolled his eyes at me, "C'mon, Jess. You've been with the girls the whole weekend, can't you just spend a little decent time with your good old brother?"

I flicked his forehead and shook my head, smiling, "Nope, 'cause your old, just like you said." He gave me a look, and I raised my hands in surrender, "Okay, okay. Geez, let's talk, old man."

He gave me an annoyed look but ignored my comment, and placed an arm around me, the other on his lap, "So, how did it go?"

"Well, your idea was completely useless for starters," He raised an eyebrow at me, but I continued, "I mean, Janice is a lot smarter than you and she's twelve--"

He shook his head, narrowing his eyes at me, "Are you implying something here?"

I shrugged, a playful smile on my face, "If you'd like to think so..."

He rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah, whatever. Go on." He gestured for me to continue.

I smirked, "Right, so she told me to tell one of my really, really upset friends the 'actual reason'. And, it worked," I tapped my hands on my thighs, "So there you have it."

He eyed me skeptically, "That's it?"

I nodded, "Yup, pretty much." Then my eyes lit up as I remembered something, "Oh, and I forgot to mention, I was kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere and chased by rabid dogs." My expression was completely nonchalant.

Brad blinked at me, dumbfounded, "You're kidding."

I shook my head, "Not really."

He shook his head letting out a breath, "You're even weirder than the last time I saw you."

I smirked at him, "You're even older than the last time I saw you."

He groaned, throwing his head back, "You're not going to let me live this down, are you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but then I heard my mom call out, "Kids, dinner's ready!"

"Coming, mom!" We chorused.

We stood up and I turned to Brad, smirking, "I'll think about it,"

I started moving towards the kitchen and I heard Brad groan again, grumbling something under his breath about how 'ungrateful' I was or something like that.

As soon as we made it to the kitchen, we took our seats beside each other and we couldn't help but annoy each other by nudging and shoving, pretending that we needed more space.