Chapter 31- Tell Me Something I Would Like To Know

My stomach churned and my heart pounded in my chest, this couldn't be happening... Keith and Tara? Keith... and Tara.

I couldn't believe this, their names didn't even fit together. Then, how did this happen?

Oh, I remember.

It was a usual day when suddenly Tara started crying out of the blue and told me that Keith asked her and she said yes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he had asked her.

I couldn't help but feel my heart breaking a little, and then the words kept repeating in my mind, making it worse.

How was I supposed to react to this without sounding hurt? I couldn't let them know that I was affected in anyway, but what should I do?

Squeal? Nah, I'll probably cause some head-trauma or something.

Laugh? Only if I want to imitate a dying Hyena.

Cry in happiness? Okay, I don't think a flood would be necessary.

Tara kept sobbing into my shoulder, muttering things that I couldn't really understand since she was telling everything to my shirt and maybe because I couldn't listen to her... I was just too... lost.

My ultimate crush was skipping off to the sunset with my best friend.

On a white horse.

Probably using the shattered pieces of my heart as breadcrumbs incase they got lost along the way.

And leaving me behind.

What could be worse than that?

Probably loosing the last Cheetos under the couch.

I sighed, and patted Tar's back. I couldn't let her know, I had to try to be happy and smile like some psychotic loony from the loony-bin. Then I would just make a run for it, I would run like I was high on steroids or something.

Usian Bolt, you hear me, man?

Eventually, Tar pulled away from me and sniffed, wiping away her tears, "You're... you're not mad at me, are you?"

This was it. The moment I've been preparing for.

I grinned widely, maybe a little too wide, "Of course not, Tar! I'm happy for you!"

She sniffed, and asked in a small voice, "You are?"

I slapped my knee, making her jump and gave out a small laugh, "Yes, silly! Why would you even bother to think otherwise?"

She looked down at her feet, "Well, I'm not sure how you feel about--"

I started to panic, but I tried not to let it show. What was she trying to ask? I think I had a slight idea of where she was going with this. I couldn't let her finish that question. Not in a million years.

I instantly stood up, cutting her off and pretended to look at my imaginary wrist watch, "Oh, look at the time! I'm going to be late for class! See you around!"

I spun on my heels, about to walk away when Tar spoke up, "But, we still have fifteen minutes left. Why do you want to leave so early?"

I closed my eyes and cursed under my breath, did she really had to check the time?

I opened my eyes and turned around to face her, "Uh, it gives me more time to stare at the wall. Bye!"

"But, Keith's--"