Chapter 2- My Good Pal, Gal

"Hi!" I chirped.

The dude immediately slammed his locker shut and turned to look at me in surprise. Maybe he was hiding the 'decoration' on his locker, well too late. I already know his little secret.

He glanced around the hallway and looked at me again, shoving his hands in his pockets, he asked, "Uh, can I help you?"

What was he? The front desk lady?

I rolled my eyes at him, "Do you really want me to answer that?"

He blinked, "Um..."

I didn't give him time to answer, "No, you don't want me to answer that." He was still slightly confused.

I rolled my eyes at him and studied his profile. He wasn't built or anything, but he didn't look too bad either. He'll have to do.

He averted his gaze as he noticed that I was staring at him, "Do you want something?"

I held my hand out, "The name's, Jessica. Jess for short, what's yours?"

He blinked, again. "Um, do I know you?"

I gave him a flat look, "What do you think, genius?" I brought my hand back to my side since he didn't look like he wanted to shake hands anytime soon. The loser.

This time, he eyed me up and I placed a hand on my waist to strike a pose.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "What are you doing?"

I composed my posture and rolled my eyes at him, "Collecting Easter eggs," He looked confused. I threw my hands up in frustration, "Isn't it obvious!"

He rolled his eyes and shook his head at me, "Whatever, I don't have time for this." He turned to leave. Oh no, he can't leave. We had just started talking!

"Wait!" I called out to him.

He turned around, "What?"

I grinned, "What's your name? You didn't tell me yours."

"I don't talk to strangers." He turned around to leave again, starting to walk away.

I hurried my steps and fell in step beside him, "Well, since I'm in the same school as you, doesn't that make me a bit less of a stranger?" I raised an eyebrow at him, but he ignored me. I huffed, guess he was going to stick to his words.

I needed something to grasp his attention... But, what?

Suddenly, I light bulb went off in my head.

I grinned deviously at him, "I'm going to call you, Gal then."

He froze in his tracks and spun around to look at me with wide eyes, "What? No!"

I grinned, "It's the perfect name, plus it rhymes with, Hal."

"But, why Gal? That's a term for, 'girl'. I'm not a girl!"

I smirked, "Are you sure about that?" He opened his mouth to answer but I cut him off, "Wait, or you mistakenly wrote, 'Francine' on your locker instead of, 'Francis'?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "What are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't play dumb with me, okay? I saw it."

He stared at me for a moment then realization dawned on his face and he smiled, "Oh, that! That's my girl's name, Francine."

He had a girl. Man, I was kind of disappointed by the fact but, oh well. There are many more fish in the sea. This guy was now permanently on the 'Friends' list.