n o t e + i n t r o

i'm kinda obsessed with the song, why not make it a short story? lolz

i'm not sure abt this story bc i suck at literally everything, so bear w me ☺️ i hope you like this book tho 💜

::

Y/N

"-I think we should call it quits, or, like, a break." Camila declared softly, looking at me with a loving, but broken look. I knew she loved me, still. There was no way she could've stopped with the way she looks at me... right? Her eyes were filled with emotions, so many that I couldn't determine which one was being showed as of right now. It was alluring, to me, and many others. They were brown, but did I care? Her eyes are beautiful and I would never ever get tired of looking into them. Camila sighed, watching me, filled with love and sadness and determination as she, filled with, emptiness, or rather, emotionless, as she tried to gather the right words to present to me in maybe, the most un-heartbreaking way. But I didn't care. No matter what, I knew this conversation was just gonna end up in tears.

"We're falling apart. I'm on a world tour, you have a tour coming up and the interviews are nonstop. We have no time for each other, for ourselves. We can't continue on pretending we're okay when we're not." She continued softly, frowning softly as I frowned even more, feeling tears spring into my eyes, at the thought of losing Camila. As much as I hate to say it now, my life, everything I depend on, what goes evolving around me, Camila is laced within it. There is no way right now Camila can leave me today and tomorrow will be okay. Or the next week. I had grown up with her and my dependability on her is heartbreaking to think of it. I pulled my legs to my chest, hiding my face in it.

"I-I don't want to lose you," I whispered, voice weak. It was like my mind was physically trying to prevent me from crying, but my emotions were too strong and all I could do right now is cry. She smiled softly at me as I looked up at her, her eyes filled with guilt and tears, but no; she didn't let them fall. She wouldn't dare to cry seeing me cry, knowing I'd cry even more because I was making her cry at the realization of us breaking up. She just sat down next to me on the bed we shared, wiping the tear that fell down my cheek. "You won't Y/N. I promise. We're just gonna put a pause to this couple relationship, and go back to just being best friends, like it was just before we started dating." She promised, letting me lean my head on her shoulder. I took a breath, inhaling her smell. She smelt of vanilla, and roses, somehow. It was enticing and if I had a choice, I'd never get rid of it, ever. But where am I now?

"I love you, okay? I would never let go of you. You're mine, forever and always." That wasn't fair. She can't just tell me that we should take a break but then say I'll always be hers, because what say did I have in this? Nothing. Like always.

After a moment of contemplating whether to or not to agree to Camila's suggestion, I nodded softly. What she said was true, though. We literally never have time for each other, and when we did, we always had disagreements that would leave to arguments that we didn't solve. Now fed up with all the past arguments we have had, we've created a bigger argument than all of the previous ones, and instead of solving it again, been avoiding each other for about two weeks, not making the usual call or text each day, to tell each other a "good morning" or "good night" or the everlasting phone call to catch up with what has been happening throughout the day. I don't know about her, but those two weeks were probably the hardest two weeks of my career.

Camila was my muse. The songs I had written were always a prompt from her or something she helped me write. Not only did I miss her dearly for myself, but my artistic side needed her, since I was to write about three or four more songs to go on my album. And by constantly checking my phone to see if she had texted me or not, left a voicemail, or actually called and I wasn't there to answer, I haven't made any progress at all.

My thoughts were cut off as Camila pressed a small kiss to my cheek, obviously seeing I was thinking. "Don't overthink this babe. You'll always have me, and I'll always have you. We'll be friends, like it was before. We'll still watch our Friends marathons, watch the Notebook and Titanic every time we're at each other's house. We can even keep the apartment together so whenever we both know we're in the same area, we can just stay here. We're just gonna be best friends again. No arguments. No nothing. Just love and compassion." Having said that, Camila straddled me and then gave me a hug, to tell me that she understood this was hard for me.

I can't just listen to her basically friend-zone me once we're still technically dating, despite us arranging this "break-up". Seeing or hearing the person you love tell you "we should break up" and then tell you that you'll be best friends, that's too much.

For me at least.

I've been in love with her ever since I first saw her in kindergarten. I had fallen right in front of her and scraped my knee because a boy's friend named Alex pushed me, thinking it was funny because I didn't want to kiss his friend Sammy. In result Camila called him a stupid puta, despite us being in kindergarten.

She was obviously the coolest person I knew, because we were literally the two losers that had each other.

When I had asked her how she knew what a "stupid puta" meant, she had told me her parents yell it at other drivers whenever they're driving, and told me not to say it anyways.

I hesitantly hugged back, but when I did hug her back, she had pulled away a bit and wiped my tears, kissing my nose, my forehead and then my lips, letting them linger there longer than when she kissed my forehead.

"We'll always talk, keeping in touch with each other. Okay?" She said, me nodding. "Okay." She grinned at the reference, making me smile a bit at her dorkiness. "I love you, Y/N." She whispered lovingly. I nodded, Camila resting her forehead on mine. "I love you too, Cami."

"Promise me though, we'll still talk. We won't stop keeping in touch, okay?" I added, voice strained at the thought of actually losing her now. This, this is me elaborating on our break-up, I'm agreeing to this. This isn't another fight and angry words put together and one of us leaving again, this is me agreeing to Camila that it would be good for us to take a break from each other.

"I promise Y/N, I will text you everyday. Skype call you, FaceTime you. I will be one call away, okay?" She grinned at her own reference to the song we liked to sing together. I rolled my eyes and pushed her lightly, making her smile a bit, before she got all serious again, making my eyes widen. It was amazing how she could be cute one second, and then hot or all serious the next second. Camila was simply my weakness and she knew that.

"We will never stop talking. You're the start to my end, Y/N. My best friend, my first one and only love. Nobody will take your place. I'll come back to you, just be there to wait for me."

::

yayaya hopefully this will be the first ff i'll ever publish that will not be unpublished !!

(^^ please don't let me  jinx this)

see ya then, -L