12-More Like Partners in Whatever-the-Opposite-of-Crime-Is

Start from the beginning

"You ready?" Static asked me once I stepped out of the washroom.

"Yeah," I said and he picked me up in his arms before taking off out of my room.

The ride to his lair was short and peaceful. We didn't say anything to each other, but it wasn't awkward. It was more comforting.

When we got to Static's lair Graeme was already there, typing away at a computer.

I walked over to see him and his eyes left the computer screen for a moment so he could look up at me.

"Hey GG," he greeted me before returning his eyes to the screen.

"Hello Greamina," I ruffled his hair and took the spot beside him.

"Who's Graemina?" He asked me with a smile.

"She is your new alter ego," I told him with a teasing smile.

"Cool," he laughed and we both noticed Static walking over to us so we quieted. It's not like Static would yell at us or anything, and he probably wouldn't even care about what we were doing. Static just gives off a sort of 'bad-boy' vibe which makes him very intimidating when he wants to be, especially since he rarely smiles.

"So before Static went over to get you," Graeme started, his voice going from playful to serious which was most likely caused by Static's presence. "We discussed your shielding power."

I nodded. "Yeah, I have that power. What about it?"

He nodded too. "Well, the other day I was going through some of my parents' old files and found a power similar to yours. I think we could somehow train that power to not only be good for defence but offence too."

"How would I do that?" I crossed my legs and turned to face him more.

He shifted in his too. "Well, right now the shield sort of just bursts. It just quickly goes out and in. We could help you focus on controlling it, so that you could have control over what it does. You'll be able to grip stuff and hold things, or pick things up," he told me and I nodded with a smile.

"So basically I'll have powers like Bella?" I ask him.

"Who?" He furrowed his eye brows.

"Bella Swan," I repeated. "When she became a vampire, she had this shield thing-"

"Yeah, yeah," Graeme waved it away with a smile, "it will sort of be like that except better."

"So," Graeme clapped his hands together, "let's practice."

"On what?" I asked but he shook his head.

"We're not practising on an object. You could break it. We're practicing on a living being."

Graeme and both looked over to Static who was watching the two of us with a bored expressing, but his eyes shot open when he realized what we were implying.

"Wait, you want to practice on me?" He asked with an incredulous expression.

"Yeah pretty much," I shrugged.

"I'm not going to be some test dummy for you two," he spat.

He ended up being our test dummy.

It took some convincing. Actually, we didn't even convince him, we just forced him to let me practiced on him.

But he got time to prepare because the first step was for me to focus on actually trying to control my shield.

"Just focus on spreading the force," Graeme chanted in my ear, interrupting my concentration.