12-More Like Partners in Whatever-the-Opposite-of-Crime-Is

Chapter Twelve
More Like Partners in Whatever-the-Opposite-of-Crime-Is

"I asked you first," Static defended, crossing his arms in a childish way.

"His name's Noah," I told him, "we're on a date." I explained.

"Why are you on a date?" He demanded and narrowed his eyes at me as he balled his fists.

"It's just as friends, relax," I laughed at his behaviour.

"You're on a date with a friend?" He gave me a look and I nodded. "Is it normal to go on dates with friends? Does that mean I get to take you on a date?" He said in a threatening way.

"We're friends now?" I asked with a smile, "I thought we were partners in crime."

He snorted. "We're not partners in crime. You don't do well with crime. It's more like partners in whatever-the-opposite-of-crime-is."

I raised my eye brows at him "and since we're friends you would enjoy a date?"

He shrugged and smiled. "I'll take what I can get."

I laughed and nodded. "But seriously," I said as I sobered from my laughs, "what are you doing here?"

He just shrugged. "Making sure you're safe. And shit," he added, realizing what he said.

"Awe," I pinched his cheeks while he made a face, "you care."

"I do not," he defended and pushed away my hands. "I just need help catching Slick."

"Mhm," I patted his cheek. "Whatever you say."

He looked around before looking back at me. "I have to go but I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

After our encounter, Static was gone and it was just me and the bench as I waited for Noah to return.

Soon Noah came back smiling, his shirt clearly damp with water.

He took the spot right beside me throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer. A friendly gesture.

He wore a smug smile, "what's up with you?" He raised his eye brows at me.

"What do you mean?" I playfully elbowed him in the chest. "What's up with you?"

"I'm wondering why you're so smiley and flustered," he tilted his head at me, as if he were asking me why.

My smile quickly switched to a scowl. "I am not smiley! And I'm definitely not flustered!"

I brought my hands up to my cheeks just to check, but sure enough they were pretty heated.

"You're getting defensive," he sang and shoved me with his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at him. He's delusional.

***

Noah dropped me off around seven. He walked me up to my apartment but when Drew answered the door, he went ballistic when he found out we went on a date together and the poor boy was pulled in for questioning by Big Brother Drew.

Eventually my brother calmed down, which meant Noah was free to go. Noah left with a thanks while I rushed to my room where I knew a certain someone would be waiting.

Of course I was right, because the moment I got back I saw Static laying in my bed, going through my Vogue magazines.

"These are shit," Static tossed away my magazines and got up from my bed. I placed my clutch on my dresser and grabbed my Super Suit and quickly changed in the bathroom.