8-Her Hair Makes Her Look Like a Muffin

Chapter Eight
Her Hair Makes Her Look Like a Muffin

"Woo! Water!" I cheer, pushing Sam into the water. I did that boy a favour, he was making a fool of himself as he attempted to flirt with a girl who obviously paid no attention to him as she tans. Key word being attempted.

"Gah!" Sam waves his arms around before bellyflopping into the water.

"Die, boy, die!" I scream before jumping on top of him in attempt of severely injuring him.

He falls back underwater and pushes me off him.

"Screw off, you cow!" I watch with a grin as he swims away to the girl he was shamelessly flirting with before.

"Hey, Sky," I turn to see Owen and Noah swimming their way over to me. I greet them by splashing the both of them.

"Hey!" I chirp and Noah gives me a weird look.

"What's got you so cheery?" He asks me and I just splash him again in response.

"I don't know but I don't care!" Owen cheers as we both try to drown each other.

I eventually escape from Owen's grasp and run (or as close to running you can get while in water) in Sam's direction while dragging Noah with me.

We pass by a little boy who squirms in his his distracted mother's arms, currently speaking with someone beside me.

The boy's eyes meet mine and I send him a sincere smile, to which he smiles back before flinging water at me.

My smiles drops and I flick water back at the boy, and he flicks water back at me. Before I know it I'm fighting with a three year old.

"Whoa there tiger," Noah picks me up as I struggle to splash the child with more water as he sticks his tongue out at me, and his mother yells profanities at me.

"Ma'am, you're son belongs in the kiddy pool!" I scream at her.

"And so do you!" She yells back at me. Noah clamps a hand over my mouth as I struggle to loosen his grip.

We reach Sam just in time to watch him get slapped by a girl.

"You gotta stop with the girl stuff, man," Noah tells him, cringing.

"All I said was that her hair makes her look like a muffin," Sam huffs.

"Stop scaring off the entire female population," I whack him on the back of the head.

He doesn't have time to respond because soon enough I'm excitedly dragging Owen and Noah with me over to the whirl pool.

"I'm spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning..." I sing to myself as the current drags us in circles.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Owen grabs his mouth before getting pulled down into the water from below.

"I think there's a sea monster here," Noah comments knowingly and I nod.

"So," I reluctantly decide to ask, "how are you taking things?"

Noah doesn't answer right away. I hear him sigh.

"It could be better," he admits and I send him an empathetic smile.

"It really could," I agree with him.

Noah looks like he's about to say something when there's a cry from somewhere and my Superhero instincts kick in.

I swim out of the whirl pool and away from the current to see Slick, physically standing at the top of the four story water slide, somehow unhinging the pool from the stairs and and letting the slide fall, about to land on a few poor citizens at the bottom.