Expect the Unexpected (Part 2)

Awww....

Reminder: This is the continuation, so this is still happening at the end of lunch.

On with the story!

"There are easier ways to fall for me, you know."

Red flashed in Sophie's conscience and she immediately pushed him, making him sway.
She paced herself a good five feet away and frowned at her attacker.

That is, until she recognized him as the famous Keefe Sencen. Her scowl deepened.

This sophomore happened to be one of the most talked populars in the academy, by both by guys and girls. No wonder, Sophie thought as she continued to glare at him. He's always up to something.

Keefe was known for joking around, and never seemed to be serious about anything.
So of course the guys were proud to call themselves a friend of the prankster.  

Don't even get Sophie started on the females.

At different times of the day, she'd see him crowded by a cloud of senseless girls, all cooing and giggling after him. Stina was often in the center, her skinny arms draped all over him .
It made Sophie sick whenever she saw them so easily manipulated, so she never stuck around.

Biana had told Sophie what he looked like when they talked about boys the other day. (Correction: When Biana talked about boys the other day). 
Sophie's eyes narrowed as the description fit a little too perfectly: a firm form -- courtesy of leading the football team (Of course) -- with icy blue eyes and messy blond hair.

Not to mention the infamous smirk he was directing her way.

Fortunately, no one was in this area. I'm guessing all of his side chicks are bragging about the plastic bracelets he bought them.

Alright then, question: Is so called playboy on the run, or looking for more girls to pick up?

Sophie glared at him. "Do you usually act like so impulsively around girls? Why am I even surprised? It's not like you don't do this every second."
She knew she sounded harsh, but guys toying with girls wasn't something that she could cozy up to.

He quickly raised his hands in a defensive manner, a bit surprised himself. "Whoa. Didn't mean to strike a nerve," he replied. "I just thought you wouldn't like to become mashed potatoes."

Her scowl slightly lifted into a frown. Huh...

He saw her change of expression and gave a flirty smirk, brushing a hand through his hair. "But it looked like you needed to get somewhere. Want an escort?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. What a brilliant way to fuel my assurance.

"Unlike all of your little damsels in distress, I can handle myself just fine." She began to turn away.

Just as the bell rang.

She cringed. Great. Her one chance to get to class on time. Gone. I guess clumsy didn't want to be born without unlucky, huh?

Keefe gave her a look -- one she couldn't really describe -- grabbed her arm, and started to jog on ahead, dragging Sophie from behind.
It would have been easier to protest if she wasn't tripping over her feet every five seconds.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" She struggled to escape his grasp, but his calloused hand was like a heavy chain on her arm. "You can't just--! Let go!!"

He stayed silent; and to be honest, it looked like he was thinking. Probably wondering how to shut me up...And since when do the floors have zero friction?!

She tried to look on the bright side. Everyone has their reasons, right? 

Ugh. Who was she kidding? Keefe barely knew her, and he was known for playing around.

Sophie suddenly shuddered. 

She had no idea how she was getting out of this.

But like an answer to her prayer, Sophie spotted a door about two feet away...but it was nearly impossible to get there.
Scencen over here was a walking, breathing ball and chain.

Good news: She didn't have to think about that anymore.

Bad news: He was facing her, and it seemed like he had finished thinking.

He was quite intimidating from her position on the ground. As if he wasn't already. And Sophie was ready to bolt.
She'd had enough of this guy, and it had only been a couple of minutes.

Keefe sighed, running his free hand through his hair. "Look, we need to talk."

Sophie scoffed. "You say that after you attack me, make a move one me, and drag me down the hall?! No!"

A flash guilt flickered in his ice blue eyes before he opened his mouth...

...gave a quick look over her head...

...and yanked on her arm, pulling both of them into the nearby closet.

"Wha-?!"

"Shhh!"

They weren't engulfed in darkness for long. The overhead bulb automatically flickered on, shedding light on Keefe and a frazzled Sophie.
Both of them were too shaken up to notice their awkward hugging position. (A lot like the one they were in just minutes before).

The blur of motions had left Sophie with a slight headache. She knew one thing, though: to get out of there ASAP. Class had started a few moments ago, and she had Ms. Alina next (One of the teachers she knew didn't like her).

All thoughts aside, she turned her full attention to the boy cradling her.
Taking note of their position, she roughly pulled away, making him stagger against the wall. (A/N: Deja vu? XD)

All too soon, she was in his face again, glowering in a way that would put flames to shame.

 All Sophie had to do now was fire the weapons in her mouth.

Vote and comment, thanks!

- Liz Factor_101