#7 - Festivals in Hearts

Last chapter, everybody! 🎉
Enjoy ~

"Geez, Zandar!" Nica examined Zandar's swollen face, holding his head still. "Have you lost your mind? Those were the seniors! Upperclassmen! And it's 8 against 1. EIGHT, Zandar. I don't know either you're stupid or what, but you can't just barge in and punch someone's face like that. You could get hurt! Well it's too late actually since you are already hurt.

"And I know that you're not weak, I mean come on, you're once a red belt holder in taekwondo, but seriously that's just stupid! Well, beyond stupid! That's just idiotic. Crazy to be exact. Thank goodness Eric and Ryan came just in time to stop you guys before you get more hurt than you already are. You have no idea how worried I am right now. Like, seriously."

Nica talked on and on furiously, while on the other hand gently placed a bag of ice on Zandar's swollen left cheek. Her eyebrows furrowed, scanning every bit of the bruise. Zandar just sat still, leaning on the wall just outside the cafe, letting Nica treated his bruise.

"What if I am stupid?" He said with a calm voice, despite of Nica's anger. "You were in trouble. My girlfriend is in trouble. And it's clear that you need help. Who else is going to help you if it's not me? A punch on the cheek like this is nothing than seeing you get hurt.

"I'll do anything to protect you."

Zandar looked Nica in the eyes. His voice showed kindness and affection, and it's clear that he was serious with what he said.

"Ouch. Nica it hurts. Ow." He cringed in pain as Nica pressed the bag of ice against his bruise in purpose.

Nica hesitated for a moment, and then her face softened. "I know," she smiled sheepishly. "But you have no idea how worried I am seeing you like this because of me."

Nica felt her face getting hot. "Thanks," she mumbled quickly.

A goofy grin was plastered on Zandar's face. He leaned forward and gave his girlfriend a kiss on her cheek. "You're welcome."

"Ahem."

The couple automatically turned around, just to see Ryan, Eric, Alice and Alicia standing near the doorway. "Get a room," Alice rolled her eyes. Nica went red in just a minute, while Zandar just chuckled.

"Thanks for replacing us, both of you," Eric said, giving a tap on Zandar's shoulder. Zandar gave him a thumbs up. "Even though it ended up with one of you having a swollen cheek." Zandar grinned like that wasn't a big thing. Nica smacked his head.

"No worries. Besides, we have nothing to do at that time," Nica answered. Zandar gave her an are-you-serious-it's-out-freaking-date look, but remained silent. Nica ignored him.

"Well, time to get back to work. See you guys later," this time Ryan spoke. They said their goodbyes and left the two alone once again.

"I'm hungry," Zandar suddenly said. He got up and took Nica's hand. "Let's eat."

***

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

"MOVE!"

"I'M HERE FIRST, YOU JERK! GET BACK!"

Nica and Zandar stood just outside the crowd on a cotton candy stall. They're tired, they're hungry, and now they have to face yet another challenge. The crowd looked like hell. Everyone was yelling and screaming to each other, not a single person queueing. It's a complete mess.