#3 - Dream and Fear

***

My eyes fluttered open, and all I see was endless white.

"Wha– .... Where am I?"

I pulled myself up, examining my surroundings. Strangely, the air was quite warm around me.

Is this a dream? I thought. Because if it is, it feels quite real.

I began to walk, hoping to find someone or something along the way. Suddenly, the white scenery before me changed into a garden of flowers.

A girl stood in the middle of the garden, her back facing me. She wore a plain silky white dress, blown by the wind, making her look like a fallen angel from Heaven.

It seemed like she sensed my prescence, because the girl turned around and looked at me into my eyes.

Her face was delicate and beautiful, and somehow... familiar.

"Nica?"

I called her, taking a step forward. What I didn't expect was her reaction.

Instead of greeting me or at least give me a smile, she flinched backwards, a frightened look on her face.

"Who... Who are you?"

I gave her a funny look.

"What do you mean? It's me, Zandar."

Nica shook her head, still confused with who I am.

I took a few steps without realising, just wanting to reach her, pull her into my arms and make her remember me.

But suddenly, the distance between me and Nica began to widen. I started to run, speed increasing on every step.

"Nica! Wait for me, Nica!"

But Nica just moved further and further away, the flower garden scenery started crumbling around me.

"Nica! No, don't go Nica! Wait!"

I ran even faster, reaching my hand out to her.

And in just a blink of an eye, everything turned black.

***

"NICAAA!!"

Zandar woke up with a jerk, sweating and panting hard.

What the heck was that dream about?

He glanced to the alarm clock beside him.

7.00 AM.

"OH SHOOT I'M LATE!!"

• • • • •

"What's with that gloomy face, uncle? You look like you're 20 years older," Rere asked Zandar when they met in the cafeteria. "You've been like that since you were late this morning. What's wrong?"

"Homework," Zandar answered shortly as he walked past Rere. He wasn't in the mood to talk about that dream.

"But we don't have any homework for today."

Zandar shot her a look.

"Welp, anyway, better wash that scary face if yours, dude. You look like a mess. Don't let Nica see you like that," Rere finally said while walking towards Nica and Anca. Zandar let out a sigh.

"Hey, Zandar," Nica waved to him as she approached him to his seat. "Rere said you looked like trash today. Are you okay?"

Trash? Seriously, Rere?

Zandar forced a smile. "No, everything's fine. Thanks for asking, Nica."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. Never been better."

"Okay then." Nica gave Zandar a squeeze on the hand. He squeezed back, trying to clear his mind.

Why am I bothered with such dream?

Nica and I were fine, and no such thing can happen. So why am I suddenly scared of losing her?

Dang it.

Snap out of it Zandar.

———————————————————

Hi guys ~ Catdusa here!
Sorry it took a long time to update heheh. I lost my intention to write for a few days :v
Hope you all like this chapter!
Thanks for reading 😘