#5.2 - What Happens After (2)

Zandar slowly opened his bedroom door. He made way towards his living room, suddenly realised that his once messy living room is now unbelievably neat.

Wow... He thought. The living room looks like new. Even his seven-year-old computer desk looks like he just bought it the day before.

Did Nica do this all alone?

He brushed his finger on the couch, examining the room. And then he remembered something. He paused for a moment before crouching down and checked below his couch.

He exhaled, relieved the box is still there. Thank God.

He pulled the box out slowly, opening the dusty lid. Inside were photos of Nica, from various times and events. Don't even ask how he got them.

His most precious collection. Even more precious than his PC.

And he was glad Nica didn't find it out...

Huh? What's that?

He suddenly noticed a piece of paper on top of his dining table in the kitchen. He moved closer and picked it up.

It was a note... From Nica.

Hey, Zandar!

Hope you're better already. I left frozen pizza in your fridge. Even though you're sick, pizza is always the best medicine ~ //slapped.
Anyway, rest well, okay? See you tomorrow at school!

P.S. Can you please explain to me what's with that box under the couch? Thanks. Bye!

Zandar froze, staring the piece of paper.

Shoot.

I'm officially doomed.