#4 - Dating Worries

"Let's go on a date."

The weather that day was hot, with the sun blazing up in the sky, but that's just another tipical October day. The Front was crowded, full with students hanging around with their squad, but paid no attention to the two.

Nica choked on nothing.

"Eh?"

Did I hear it correctly?

"A date," Zandar repeated. "You know, when two people, well, lovers to be exact, go together to a place and..."

"Yes, I know what a date is," Nica said quickly. She can feel her face burning.

"So?" Zandar asked again. "Wanna go?"

Nica actually wanted to go. She wanted to go so bad. But something held her back.

"We can go together to the school festival that's going to be held next week," Zandar continued, hoping his girlfriend would say yes.

Talk to him, Nica! Don't leave him hanging like that.

"U-um..." Nica finally managed to speak. "Can... Can you please give me time to think about it?"

Now it's Zandar's turn to be speechless. That was clearly not the answer he expected. But hey, the last thing he wanted to do was to make Nica sad or troubled, so he agreed.

"Sure. It's okay. Take your time."

Zandar gave her an understanding smile. Nica smiled back.

"Thank you," she mouthed.

• • • • •

"A DATE?!" Alice, Alicia, Nishita, Rere, and Anca cried in disbelief. Nica had to cover both of her ears because the five of them were so loud.

"Y-yeah.. He asked me to go together to next week's school festival."

"Wow, turns out uncle have the guts to ask you out," Rere said while she rolls all over Alice's bed.

"That's so romantic, Nica! You can visit every food stalls and maybe buy crepes to eat together..." Alice said dreamily, looking up from the doujinshi she's reading.

"... And you'll share drinks together, like real lovers! Maybe Zandar will buy you plushies and you guys can play games on the bazaar together..." Alicia, the shoujo manga expert, continued.

"... And at the end of the day, you two can watch the fireworks show together! Man, that is going to be a perfect date," Nishita finished.

"Did you say yes?" Anca asked, her eyes shone with curiosity.

"Um... Well..." Nica shrugged, sighing.

"What happened?"

Now the four of them are sitting around Nica. They knew something's not right.

"I-isn't this just a little bit too fast?" Nica blurted out. "I mean, it's only been a year and two months since we first became a couple. And now he wants to have a date? I mean, just the two of us? I think I'm not ready yet. PLUS, we're just junior high schoolers."

Nica exhaled as she finished talking. Now that she let it all out, it felt like a heavy burden just left her shoulder.

Rere was the first to break the silence. "DUDE. First of all, a year and two months is already a long time. Second, you do realise that a date is almost similar like the hang-outs we've done before right?"

"Well, yes, but..."

"Ah. No buts. All you need is relax, Ahonee."

"Your illegal imou is right, Nic. Chill, it's just like you're going to the school festival but instead of us, you got the whole day with your boyfriend," Anca started massaging Nica's shoulder.

"Yeah, Nica. I'd do anything to have a date with John..." Nishita said hopefully. "You're so lucky!"

"But I thought you two are a couple already..?"

"Nica, it's like you don't know John. He's too shy!" Alice smirked at Nishita. Alicia nodded playfully, backing up her twin.

"Aww, stop it!" Nishita threw a pillow right at Alice's face. She laughed triumphantly.

"Hey you... Take this!" Alice threw it back. Nishita dodged swiftly and the pillow hit Rere instead.

In just a few minutes, the twins's room transformed to a pillow fight battlefield.

"Tsukaretaaa!"

The five of them formed a circle with their backs on the bedroom floor, looking up to the celing. Pillows were scattered on the floor. Their chests went up and down, panting after an hour of pillow fight.

"So.. Are you feeling better now?" Alicia asked Nica.

The orange afternoon sunlight shone into the room, with a hint of red purple. It's going to be dark soon.

"Yep," Nica answered with a smile plastered across her face. "Much better."

———————————————————

Hi guys, Catdusa here ~
Hope you like the chapter!
One thing I want to say this time: I suck on making chapter titles 😂