#2 - A Year Later

(le-timeskip, one year later...)

"MAKKUUUUHHH!!!!"

Rere and Nica ran towards Anca, tackling her with a hug.

"Yo, nakku... You nearly scared me to death! Geez, you won't believe how hard my heart is beating right now because of that!" exclaimed Anca, circling her hands at her two children - er - I mean, friends.

"I don't care. This is a free country so I can do anything I want HAHAHA. And I friggin miss you guys lots! That has been the longest 30 days in my life without you guys T_T "Rere said dramatically.

"Heheh gomen nee makku, but I have no regrets doing that :P " answered Nica playfully.

"Makku, when you say your heart is beating hard, is that feeling like when you see Luke?" Rere suddenly asked, teasing Anca. Anca's face immediately turned red.

"Wha-? Of course no, baka! I mean, er, well yea, maybe but — WHY ARE WE SUDDENLY TALKING ABOUT HIM?"

"Uuu Makku is blushing ~ " Nica joined Rere teasing her beloved 'mother'.

"Why are you two still hugging me, anyway? Aren't you supposed to do this to Fuka, Rere-chan?"

"What?! Ew there's no way I'm going to hug that titan.. Baka okaa-san.." Rere mumbled, her face slightly red.

"Aww, now you're blushing!" Anca smiled with pride, clearly happy after succeeding in teasing Rere.

"S-shut up, makku! Just wait until I lock you up in the janitor together with Luke!"

"You sneaky brat! Just wait until I 'accidentally' make you back-hug your crush in public!"

"Brace yourself then, makku. You're messing with the Queen of Pranks. HUAHAHAH >:))"

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that! >:3"

Nica couldn't help but giggle, secretly enjoying the view in front of her. Some students and teachers were looking at them, but Nica didn't mind. Believe it or not, the argument  was actually a sign of love between them.

"Hey, Nica." Nica felt a hand tapping her shoulder. She turned around, seeing Zandar standing behind her. "What's with those two? They sure are loud in the first day of school."

"Haha, you know. The usual. Mother and daughter bonding time."

Zandar chuckled, looking at his imouto and his illegal niece's 'bonding time'.

"So, how's your holiday, Zandar?"

"Boringly great. Speaking of holidays, I have something I want to give to you... Hold on a sec." Zandar started rummaging his backpack. He mumbled a few words, turning his bag up and down, inside out. After a few minutes (well, more like 45 seconds), a faint CLINK! was heard and Zandar pulled out something from the bag.

"Here you go! I'm not sure if it suits your taste but I hope you like it.."

A keychain shaped of a heart with a beach as the background dangled between Zandar's fingers. The keychain shone brightly as the sunlight hits it's metal frame.

Zandar spent half of his holiday thinking about what should he give to Nica as a souvenir from Bali. And after half an hour walking back and forth in the store, looking from one keychain to another, he finally found the heart keychain and decided to give it to Nica.