Chapter 16

RE-CAP

I turned around and looked to see who had walked through the portal. At first, I thought it was some people from the clave, but it turned out to be.................  

It turned out to be Valentine and Sebastian Morgenstern. I quickly grabbed my sword and got ready to fight. Valentine and Sebastian gave us an evil smile. Valentine slowly walked forwards and then stopped just before he got to the steps. "I believe you have something for me and I am here to collect it," Valentine said. His eyes scanned the room until his gaze met mine. I looked at him with a confused face; we didn't have anything for him and we certainly didn't summon him, so what was he doing here? I felt someone grab my arm and push me towards Valentine, and my sword immediately dropped out of my hand and onto the floor. 

I turned around to look at the person who had grabbed my arm and was shocked to see who it was......... Grace was the one who grabbed my arm and was leading me towards Valentine. She kept a very firm grip on me so that I would not try to get away from her and I knew there was no use in trying. I stumbled down the steps but quickly regained my balance. Grace passed me over to Sebastian. I looked over at Jace who was stood frozen in his place, I then looked over to my mother and Thomas, my mother was trying not to cry and Thomas was fighting Alec to get to me. I knew the only way to get out of this was to fight, but I didn't know how.

I remembered that I had runes on both Thomas and Jace, and I thought furiously about how I could connect both of them to me and how I could get the others to do something as well. I quickly muttered a spell under my breath and tried to connect with the others:

(A= Adelaide, J=Jace, I=Isabelle, T=Thomas, AL=Alec,MM= My Mother, M=Maryse, C=Clary, S=Simon, MA=Magnus)

A= you are probably wondering what is going on and to be truthful I don't know but there is no other way to get out of this than to fight Valentine and Sebastian. Clary, Simon and Magnus I need you to get here as soon as you can, Clary bring Luke we are gonna need all the help we can get. Thomas I want you to go hide in the weapons room until one of us comes and gets you, okay?

J and AL= Okay

I and M= Okay

T and MM= Okay

A= Thomas I want you to sneak out when the fight starts so you go undetected.

C= Me and Simon are on our way with Luke and the pack.

MA= Be there before you can say ' Magnus is the Glitter King!'

A= It's time

I quickly elbowed Sebastian in the ribs, he hunched over to soften the blow. I then grabbed Grace's hand and swung her into the wall and knocked her unconscious. Suddenly there were a load of demons in the institute and the fight broke out.