Chapter 1

As I walked through the red oak door, that led into my small, cramped room, I felt Jace's welcoming eyes blaze onto me. Every time we make eye contact I feel this tension in my stomach and I instantly become like a shy school girl. His golden eyes carried a relaxing look along with a look of slight concern, as he saw the iratze on my arm, but as soon as I looked up, dropped my bag and rushed over to him he went calm. He quickly stood up, surprising me, and he gave me a warm hug and smile. His strong scent of lavender, honey and cologne filled my nostrils, causing me to loosen up as I felt his cheek nuzzle against mine. I heard and felt his warm steady breath against my ear, causing me to nuzzle into his neck.  I parted from him and stared up at him for a minute before he leaned forwards to kiss me, but then Alec came into the room and said, "Hey Jace, Maryse wants to see you and Adelaide in the library right away," before turning around and closing the door. When we left my bedroom and started down the hall, Jace held me back and kissed me on the cheek. I turned a little red but then giggled it off.

When we walked through the door to the library, Jace entwined his fingers with mine. When we stood at the top of the steps of the library, we could see Maryse sitting in the red velvet covered chair in the corner of the room by the fire. We noticed she had my sister Grace with her but I didn't know why. Maryse looked up and said, "Adelaide, can you come over here please? I would like to talk to you." 

I went down the steps towards Maryse and my sister. Jace walked behind me but Maryse told him to wait there, then Maryse led me towards her desk and told me to sit down. She said, " Adelaide, I believe that you have special powers." 

I didn't say anything for a few moments. " Well, I am not sure about that." 

She just nodded. "Well I if you ever change your mind then you always know where I am." 

I nodded, then went towards Jace who was near my sister. Grace approached me and gave me a hug, and all three of us exited the library. When we got outside I hugged Grace, then said, "Grace, it has been so long since I last saw you...." She nodded but didn't say anything. "Oh, I almost forgot. This is Jace Herondale." 

She said hi and shook his hand, then Jace said, "Well I wouldn't say I am forgettable but I would refer to myself as Adelaide's boyfriend." I turned to him and laughed at him but then I saw he was serious and then I blushed.