Chapter 12

When we stepped through the portal we were instantly transported to another place. A place that was unknown.

"Where are we?" Jace said.

I just shrugged my shoulders and answered, "I don't know." I began to walk up the giant hill that was in front of us. As we approached the top of the hill we could see a house at the bottom of the hill on the other side. Me and Jace stared in awe at the house because it wasn't just a house: it was a mansion.

The mansion was covered in thick green vines that stretched all the way up from the ground to the roof of the house like a sheet of thick green fabric

The mansion was covered in thick green vines that stretched all the way up from the ground to the roof of the house like a sheet of thick green fabric. Jace and I went up to the house and knocked on the door, not knowing that behind the door waited something I could only dream of.

As the door slowly crept open, I noticed the features of the man standing there. He could not be more than 50. His long grey hair swooped over his shoulders and his grey eyes looked intensely over Me and then Jace. "What do you want?" the man said, his voice deep and scratchy, like sandpaper scraping across a wooden surface.

"I am sorry to bother you sir, but we came through a portal and now we are lost. My name is Adelaide and this is Jace," I said to the man behind the door.

"Adelaide, as in Adelaide Bane?" I nodded nervously, then the man pulled me towards him and drew me into a hug. The man then pushed me back slightly and then said, "I am sorry, I should introduce myself first, my name is....."

Who will the man behind the door be? Are there any secrets being hidden? ~ sorry for not updating in so long have been really busy

Thank you for all the reads