Chapter 13

RE-CAP:

 "Adelaide, as in Adelaide Bane?" I nodded nervously, then the man pulled me towards him and drew me into a hug. The man then pushed me back slightly and then said, "I am sorry, I should introduce myself first, my name is....."

"My name is Amos, I am your father, please come inside." Me and Jace walked inside and saw that the interior was quite bland but there were some things that made it took homely. As we walked towards the kitchen I looked in every room and I noticed that there was no other people here. From that I concluded that Amos lived alone and that he didn't have another family. 

When we got into the kitchen we all sat down at the round table and Amos asked me questions about my family. I shared all of the fun memories I had with him and told him other stories about what has been going on over the last 13 years. After a while it got really late so Amos showed us to the spare room and after about half an hour we got to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and smelt breakfast being cooked. I woke Jace up and we walked downstairs and saw Amos making breakfast. He told us to sit down at the table and help ourselves to the food that was on the table. Shortly he joined us with pancakes and syrup as well.

After breakfast me and Jace decided we would take a walk around the outside of the house. We walked outside and down a small pebble path to the flower beds. I looked at all the flowers that were in the flower beds and saw some of my mother's favorites and my favorite, a daisy. Jace bent down to pick one and then placed it in my hair. "What is that for?" I asked Jace with a smile on my face.

"It is because I am happy I was with you when you met your father and also because I love you," Jace said, pulling me closer and wrapping his arm around my waist. I placed my arms around his neck and slowly leaned in to kiss him. But before our lips touched there was a scream coming from inside the house. We looked at each other and then ran back towards the house.