Chapter 15

RE-CAP:

I slowly got up off the floor and made my way towards the door. I found Jace outside the door fighting with a demon. I grabbed a seraph blade and helped him kill the demon. After we had killed the demon Jace approached me and allowed me to hug him and cry into his shoulder. We stood there for about 10 minutes and then we pulled away. We then decided that it was time for us to send a fire message to the clave telling them about what happened and allowing the to get something arranged for my father's funeral. I then created a portal and we went back to the institute.  

When we got back to the institute Maryse, Grace, my mother, Thomas and The Lightwood siblings were in the library. When we walked up the steps out of the portal, Isabelle, Alec and Thomas were the first ones to see us. Thomas ran up to me and gave me a hug and asked me where I had been, but I didn't know what to tell him. "I went through the portal and I found someone who we all thought was dead," I said to everyone in the room. My mother looked over to me and then put her hand up to her mouth and choked back a sob. "We found dad, but then we went out for a walk and Valentine and Sebastian attacked him. Dad didn't make it, but he told me to tell you that he loves you and that he is sorry that he couldn't have seen you sooner, but he wished he could have."

By the time I had finished my mum was in tears. I didn't know why Grace was not crying as I knew she remembered Dad well and Grace is a really emotional person. Come to think of it, she was acting really strangely. I thought it might have just been something to do with Thomas being back. After about 15 minutes, my mother calmed down and sat on one of the sofas to read a book. Me and Jace were talking to Isabelle and Alec, when someone came through the portal.

I turned around and looked to see who had walked through the portal. At first, I thought it was some people from the clave, but it turned out to be.................