At War with Angels by Chibi Haku- FMA

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2214533/1/At-war-with-Angels

Summary:
Meet Edward, your average low class teen in the year 3050. Except for one thing. Every night, before he sleeps, he feels like he has wings. [AU, cussing and violence. RoyXEd]

Review:
Again, one of he best stories I have ever read. The Avian race- pretty much humans with wings and different powers for different families- was sick so they gathered most of their healthy people and sent them on a ship to another planet that they were friends with, the people on the ship were to return in a year and a half, after the rest of their race found a cure. On that ship, Roy Mustang, age 14 at the time, tasked with protecting Edward Elric, the crowning Prince, only 6 months at the time. Edwards father was sick and had to stay back on their home planet. His mother was pregnant. On their way to the other planet, their ship got caught in a storm and every one passed out. When they awoke, they were near Mars; a human inhabitant planet. The Avians landed there and tried to talk to the humans, but it didn't go so well. Edward Elric was kidnapped. This started a war that went on for another 15 years, before Roy Mustang finally found Edward.
The author left the ending open ended and hasn't updated since 2007, so I don't think they will continue with the story. But I still recommend this story because it is a good story and kind of long with 25 chapters and 93k+ words.