Chapter 8

"So what should we do now?" I asked when we got home. It was almost dark.

"How about a movie?" he said.

"Okay, how about Grease?" I said hoping he'd be willing to see it with me for the ten thousandth time.

"I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't changed," he said laughing.

"So is that a yes?" I asked.

"Alright but I'm gonna take a shower first," he informed me.

"Okay," I said. Once Niall was in his room, I took out my phone and called Harry. Zayn answered the phone.

"Hi this is Zayn," he said.

"Hello, it's me Julia, I just wanted to check on Harry. How is he?" I asked.

"We're in the hospital, no one has come out yet but don't worry I'm sure he'll be fine," he said.

"Hospital? Which one?" I asked frantically.

"The one right around the corner from my house," he said.

"Okay, call me when you know how he is," I said.

"Okay, but like I said, I'm sure he'll be fine," he said comforting me.

"Thanks, I sure hope so," I said before I hung up. I ran up the stairs and charged into Niall's room. I completely forgot he was about to take a shower.

"Niall Harry's in the--" I paused as I looked at his naked body. "Oh my god," I said closing the door. A few seconds later Niall opened it again. He was wearing  towel around his waist.

"Harry is what?" he asked ignoring the fact that I just saw him completely naked.

"He uh, Harry is, well he uh," I fumbled trying to get the words out. I was so embarrassed. "Harry is in the hospital," I said looking at my feet.

"Is he okay?" Niall asked.

"We don't know yet," I replied. A tear fell out of my eye. He wiped it away and took me in his arms I rested my head on his bare chest.

"I'm sorry," he said. Niall probably felt like this wa all his fault, like I was crying because of him.

"It's not your fault Niall," I tried to reasure him.

"Yes it is, I couldn't controll myself and now I've hurt two of my best friends. I made you cry," he said.

"Actually it's my fault. I started all of this. If I had just admitted to myself that I was in love with you then I never would have gotten feelings for Harry and I wouldn't feel insanely guilty for being with you right now," I said.

"Don't blame yourself, you didn't make him hit you," he said. That only made me want to cry more but I knew that Niall was right.

"Niall I love you and I love being with you but I don't think we should be more than friends until Harry is better. I feel terrible knowing that he's hurting  physically and emotionally," I said. Niall let go of me.

"I understand," he said not meeting my eyes.

"Niall don't do this to me. You know I love you but I just can't date you while Harry's hurting the way that he is. I need to know that you'll still be there for me as a friend," I said.

"Of course, I'll be whatever you need me to be. Always," he said kissing my forehead.

"Thanks," I said. "Do you want to come to the hospital with me?" I asked.

"Sure, just let me get dressed," he said and we both blushed.

"Okay," I said. He closed the door but quickly opened it again.

"Julia?" Niall said sticking his head out of his bedroom door.

"Yes Niall?" 

"I love you too, I always will," he told me.

I couldn't help myself, I placed my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. I kissed him, softly at first but I wanted more. Soon enough, Niall pulled me into his room and we made out against the wall.

Niall placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him until there was no space between us. I was finally getting what I had wanted for so long. But then I got a call.

"Hello?" I answered the phone out of breath.

"Are you alright?" someone asked. It sounded like Louis.

"Yeah, I'm fine, how's  Harry?" I questioned.

"He's awake, his nose is broken. We need you here soon," Louis said.

"Why?" I wondered out loud.

"Because he won't talk to anyone but you," he replied.

"He said that?" I asked.

"Yes," Louis replied. "So are you coming?" he asked.

"Yes of course, I'll be there as soon as possible," I said. Niall looked very concerned.

"Is he alright?" he asked.

"Well he's awake now but his nose is broken and he won't talk to anybody but me," I said.

"Okay then we should probably leave now," he said.

"Yeah, I'll be in the car," I told him.

I waited for about two minutes before Niall was ready to go. He sped out of the driveway. The way he was driving I was surprised we didn't get pulled over. Before I knew it we were at the hospital.

"Harry?" I asked when I saw him laying on the hospital bed.

"Julia? You really came?" he asked he seemed so shocked.

"Well you said you'd do anything for me so this is the least I could do for you, Harry," I said.

"Julia I'm sorry for hitting you. Will you ever be able to forgive me?" he questioned. I could see the desparation in his eyes.

"Harry don't be ridiculous. Of course I forgive you," I said squeezing his hand.

"Thank you. I know I don't deserve it," he said.

"Harry don't be so hard on yourself. You were drunk, I know you didn't mean to," I consoled him. "So how do you feel?" I asked.

"Well I feel a lot better now that you're here but it hurts when I breathe," he said.

"Hurts where?" I inquired.

"In my chest," said Harry.

"I'm going to get the doctor. Are you ready to talk to them?" I asked making sure getting the doctor wouldn't be a lost cause.

"Well I was hoping you'd stay with me for a little bit longer," he said.

"Of course I will," I said pulling up a chair next to him. "So why wouldn't you talk to anyone other than me?" I asked the question that had been on my mind since Louis had informed me about it.

"I needed to know that you were okay," Harry explained.

"You wanted to make sure that I was okay? Harry, you're the one in the hospital," I said.

"I know but you're more important," he said in a low voice.

"Oh, Harry, you make it so hard not being your girlfriend," I thought out loud.

"Then take me back. I know I'm not Niall but I love you and I'll treat you right. I will never, ever drink again. Please?" he begged.

"Harry, how can you say you love me? You don't really know me," I said thinking about what Niall said. As soon as the words came out I realized what a hypocrite I was being. 

"I may not know you but I know how I feel about you. When I'm  around you everything is completely different. I get lost in your eyes and your smile makes me all warm inside. When we kiss something indescriable happens. I'm so happy when I'm with you and I'd go to the ends of the Earth to make you as happy as you make me," he said leaving me near tears.

I felt so horrible. He just described, in detail, exactly how I felt about Niall. I didn't know what to say to him. Yeah, I loved hm but not the way I loved Niall.

"I'll be right back," I said letting go of his hand.