Chapter 16

Stella gave a sigh, latching together her cloak and pulling back her hair. "Serena, you honestly shouldn't be involved in this," Stella started but went silent when she figured that Serena wasn't listening anymore.

Serena followed Stella, lost in her own thoughts. Ian walked beside Stella quietly, Nina nestled around his neck. "Let her go, Stella. She won't change her mind," Ian said.

Stella huffed and started to walk faster, leaving the siblings behind. Ian and Serena glanced at each other, half in annoyance and half in amusement at her reaction.

They both sped up to catch up with the Wind Elemental Leader. Once on the steps, the guards, as if machines and not humans, open the doors to usher the three people inside. The doors shut with an air of finality.

Serena opened her mouth to ask a question but thought better of it when she saw Stella give her a warning glare. She was lucky to even be there with the two. Stepping into the chamber, she swallowed nervously.

Ian and Stella automatically took their spots. Ian in between Chase and Lyra, Stella between Jasmine and Colton. Serena followed Stella and stood next to her, feeling eyes follow her all the way up to where Stella was seated.

Colton cleared his throat, gaining the attention of everyone. "So, Ian, you called this meeting. What's the meaning of this?"

Ian stood up, brushing his hands on his thick, orange cloak in his nervous way. "We've found out information about Jasper. We meant to tell everyone earlier, but I think that Landon, instead, could explain better what Jasper...is."

Serena gave a curious side glance towards Ian and his wording. What did he mean by that?

Landon, the Water Elemental God, stepped forwards. Everyone's eyes shifted to him as if he hadn't appeared in the center of the room just a few seconds ago. He seemed nervous, Serena thought with a small smile.

Landon had long, blue hair, like the sea. He grinned at everyone, sharp, shark-like teeth peeking through his lips.

"Alright, alright. I'll explain what he is. Let's start from the beginning, though," Landon said but no one objected the Water God.

Clearing his throat, he brushed his long hair away from his shoulders and took a deep breath, preparing himself to start to talk. "A long time ago--how old is Jasper now? Seventeen? Alright--seventeen years ago, I met a woman. An Air Elemental woman, to be exact."

"At first, I couldn't stand her. She was appalling, annoying, loud, and worst of all, stubborn to the core. Even so, we became friends by working together on endeavors in Esrar. That...escalated and led to her and I having a child. We never got married--we knew that it wouldn't work," Landon stopped, breathing out a sigh. He rubbed his hands together.

"So, in nine months, we found out that she had birthed him, and we named him Jasper--he was our little treasure. For a year, I secretly visited her and my little boy, hidden away from everyone. Only Mother Gaia knew about this. Then she said that I had to leave, that I had to give him a chance of a normal life. We both decided, along with his mother, that he will be given to someone on Earth. He would never know that he was a magic user, never let the magic grow. So we placed him at a doorway, rang the doorbell, and ran. I watched for the last time, my little boy taken inside the house, confused at ever."

Everyone was silent at this.

"So you're saying that Jasper is, in theory, a demi-god? Why did he not inherit your powers, then, Landon?" Jasmine asked, an accusing tone matching her suspicious face. "He doesn't seem to have extraordinary powers or anything."

"He inherited his mother's element? Oh, she must be so proud. I have no idea where she is--after he left we split up. She disappeared. It was a fifty-fifty chance, Jasmine. He could've just as easily inherited my element, not hers," Landon explained, crossing his arms. "He heals faster than the normal human--have you noticed?"