Louis laughed and smirked at him, thinking that he covered his face out of bashfulness and to cover the deep blush that was no doubt painted over his cheeks. This was true, but what he didn't know was that Harry's motive wasn't solely to cover a blush, but to also hide the expression of pain on his face when he jumped in surprise, hurting his aching back in the process.

Harry just played it off, not wanting to concern Louis. He removed the clothes from his face, although he could still feel the heat in his cheeks. He looked over his shoulder at Louis.

"Cheeky," he muttered at him, before blowing him a kiss and resuming his walk to the bathroom.

Once inside, he locked the door before pressing up against it and letting out a sigh. He hated lying to Louis, especially when he was in such a good mood. It was going to be hard to hide it from him, but once the shoot was over, he'd tell him. There was just no sense in telling him now and having him worry, since there was nothing he could do until they were done working for the day.

Once in the shower, he took his time, letting the warm water run over his body and help soothe his aches and pains. He hated getting out when he was done, immediately missing the warmth, but he'd wasted enough time already. He got out, dressed, and met Louis for breakfast. Before they knew it, they found themselves at the studio with the other lads, getting their hair done and waiting for further directions.

The photoshoot was harder than Harry had imagined. They were constantly having to shift positions and poses and every move gave him pain. He wanted nothing more than to just sit. Was that too much to ask? Apparently, it was, because this photographer kept them on their feet for the whole three hours of taking pictures.

Halfway through, Harry's smile began to falter. He was having a harder and harder time making it look believable, preferring the pictures where they were told to look serious and sultry. Between pictures, he couldn't be bothered to smile at all, letting his face fall into a neutral expression, probably bordering on disinterest, because, honestly, he couldn't care less. He wanted to go lie down and rest.

Unbeknownst to Harry, Louis was becoming wise to Harry's act, noticing how he'd wince whenever he shifted his position for a new pose. At first, Louis wasn't sure what was bothering him; he seemed fine that morning. Louis finally caught on when he saw Harry looking longingly at the couch sitting across the studio between takes, eyeing it whenever he thought no one was watching. Louis almost felt offended since he was usually the object of Harry's sneaky glances, but he brushed those thoughts aside as he tried to piece it all together. He pressed rewind in his memory, trying to think what could've triggered his back to ache. He felt a pang in his chest when he remembered the pyramid the night before, knowing how much Harry hated those, and Harry rarely hated anything.

Louis spent the shoot stealing glances at his husband, trying to keep tabs on how he was doing. He completely understood why Harry hadn't said anything. He knew how Harry worked. It didn't mean he liked it, though. He always wanted to be there for his baby, and that was hard to do when he kept him in the dark.

A few shots later, the photographer announced a fifteen minute break and the boys all wandered off to various places. Liam headed off to the loo while Niall made a beeline for the snack bar. Harry, however, went straight for that couch that he'd had a hard time taking his eyes off of, and Louis followed.

He watched as Harry slowly and carefully lowered himself down onto it, letting out a sigh of relief once he could let the plush piece of furniture support his weight instead of his aching back. He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, letting his lower back muscles relax as they stretched and released tension. Harry had his face in his hands so he didn't notice Louis until he felt the couch dip beside him.