Strep Throat-Louis

Alright, here's another one for you guys.  This one was requested by @unamplified .  I hope you enjoy it!

***

The boys lay sleeping in their bunks on the tour bus, on their way to their next city for a show the following day.

Louis turned restlessly in his sleep, until he finally awoke. He opened his eyes, confused why he had woken up in the middle of the night, when he noticed that his throat felt rather painful. He groaned, not wanting to get sick in the middle of the tour. He turned on his side and went back to sleep, hoping that his throat would feel better in the morning.

*

Louis was shaken awake, sunlight streaming in through the open curtain.

"Wake up, love. I've made breakfast for everyone," Harry said, stroking his hair lovingly.

Louis groaned. "Alright," he said, but regretted it immediately, his throat feeling like it was on fire and it felt swollen.

Oblivious, Harry smiled at him and walked back to the kitchen. Louis didn't want to admit that he was sick. There wasn't anything that they could do, anyway. Plus, it's not like management would cut him any slack, so what did it matter? There was no point in worrying anyone, especially Harry, and he didn't want to be fussed over.

He pulled back the covers, feeling chilled as he did so. He slowly shuffled to the bathroom to relieve himself, and then he took his temperature. When it beeped, he saw that he had a low grade fever. At least it wasn't too bad.

He went out to the kitchen, smelling all of the wonderful food that Harry had made, including eggs, bacon, and toast. He figured that toast would feel too scratchy on his throat, so he grabbed a small plate of scrambled eggs.

He took a bite, enjoying the taste, but when he went to swallow it, he nearly choked. It hurt so bad to swallow the bite, he hardly could. He quickly reached for his glass of orange juice and took a sip. It helped to wash down the eggs, but even the juice itself was hard to swallow. His throat felt awful.

Knowing he couldn't possible take another bite, he went to the sink and began cleaning his dishes.

"Done already, mate?" Liam questioned, gaining Harry's attention, who looked up from his food and looked at Louis with concern.

Louis shrugged. "Not hungry," he said simply, wanting to say as little as possible since it killed his throat.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Feel alright, boo?" he asked getting up and reaching his hand out to touch his forehead, but Louis took a step back and dodged his touch.

"I'm fine, just tired," he lied, made his way to the lounge before anyone could say anything else.

He curled up on the couch and watched tv, not feeling up to doing much of anything. After a while, his head began to ache, so he put the volume on low.

Suddenly, his stomach flipped and he felt nauseous. He jumped off the couch and walked quickly to the bathroom, luckily finding it unoccupied. He threw open the toilet and coughed, heaving a couple times before bringing up some bile and what little he had in his stomach. He wiped his mouth and flushed the toilet before rinsing his mouth out in the sink. Gratefully, his stomach felt much better. He no longer felt nauseous, just a little sore.

He made his way back to his spot on the sofa, grabbing the blanket off the back of the couch and covering himself with it, feeling chilled and achy.

He heard footsteps and looked up to find Harry walking over to him, a mug in his hand.

"You sure you're alright, Lou? You're being awfully quiet," he said, his voice laced with concern.