Back Pain-Harry

This was a request for blackbananas . I hope you guys like it!

Word Count: 2,753

***

Harry's always had a bad back. He knew that. It wasn't that bad, though, and it didn't bother him often. It was never really a problem. Until, one day, it was.

He'd never liked it when they did those human pyramids on stage, always internally cringing whenever it was suggested during the Twitter section of their shows. He never said anything, though. He never complained. Instead, he put on a big smile and joined the boys, even though he dreaded it, knowing that he'd be put on the bottom. He always was, considering how big and tall he was, everyone forgetting about his back since it rarely bothered him. Louis always remembered about it, though. He'd always sneak a concerned glance his way, only to have Harry smile at him reassuringly. Louis never bought it. He couldn't be so easily fooled to believe his "I'm always fine and dandy" charade that he'd have others believe. After all, they'd been married for years. If anyone truly knew Harry, Louis did.

It shouldn't've been much of a surprise to Harry, then, when he woke up the next morning at the hotel with his back aching with every move, screaming at him to just lay still and relax. It still was a surprise, anyway. His back didn't often act up, so he usually just forgot about it, even though, in the back of his mind, he knew that certain things could set it off, carrying too much weight or standing too long being the two most common aggravators. Being on the bottom of a human pyramid definitely fit in that list.

He would've just curled up and gone back to sleep, but he knew he couldn't. They had to do a photoshoot that morning, but he knew that if he could make it through that, then he'd be free to relax the rest of the day. Their next show wasn't 'til the next day.

He noticed that Louis's side of the bed was empty and he could hear the shower running. He figured that that was for the best. He would rather Louis not know that his back was hurting. Louis tended to worry and hover, and he didn't need him to be concerned about him when they had work to do.

He knew that Louis would figure it out sooner or later. He always did. They were too close and understood each other too well to really keep any secrets from one another. He also knew that Louis would be mad when he found out and realized that Harry was hiding it from him. He always was, knowing that Harry was too concerned about how others felt to have anyone spend a second worrying about him. Harry was so selfless that way, which Louis both loved and hated. He loved how much Harry cared for others, but that care shouldn't be detrimental to his own well-being, something that Harry didn't really seem to understand, what with his big heart and all.

Harry slowly sat up with a wince, hands immediately going to press into his lower back, hoping to offer support to the aching muscles. Very slowly and gingerly, he rose to his feet, stifling a groan as he did so, not wanting Louis to hear once he noticed the water shut off. He rubbed his back, stretching a bit to try to ease the pain some.

He grabbed a bottled water and made his way over to his bag and rummaged around until he found his bottle of ibuprofen that he always kept on hand, just in case. He downed a couple pills just as Louis emerged from the bathroom just wearing a pair of boxers as he toweled his hair dry. Harry quickly grabbed some clothes from his bag and stood stiffly, hoping that Louis wouldn't notice since he was finishing up with his hair.

"Morning, love!" Louis said cheerfully, tossing his towel to the floor and crossing the room to Harry. He got on his tippy toes and pressed a quick kiss to Harry's lips.

"Mornin'," Harry said, smiling widely at his little man, his pain temporarily forgotten.

"Bathroom's all yours, babe. We leave for the photoshoot in about an hour," he said, and Harry nodded. He made his way to the bathroom, but abruptly halted with a small jump when he felt a light slap to his bum. He let out a small yelp and covered his face with the clothes he was holding.