He laughs, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me against him. "I missed you, kid."

Smiling, I playfully punch his chest as he and I walk outside. I try to distract myself by examining the new campus around me, but I can't, because I'm nervous to see Zayn after two years. Ever since he and Kai moved away for college, I did not know what to do with myself. Having a huge crush on my brother's best friend that came over every day was very time consuming, to say the least.

Obviously, my crush on him has decreased greatly because, well, I discovered the beauty that is other hot guys in the world besides Zayn Malik. Yes, they exist. It took me a while to get over the heartbreak of a man that I never really had in the first place, but once I did, something beautiful happened; I looked in the mirror.

Heavy eyeliner, I had decided, was not my strong suit. Hot fries weren't really great for the body that I dreamt about having. Rock music is definitely still here because I wouldn't sacrifice that for anyone. And Netflix, well, it just doesn't feel the same when I'm watching it by myself without the looming presence of Zayn in the house.

So I started working out, I watched countless makeup tutorials on Youtube, and I got more hobbies than just watching Netflix, like boxing and reading and sketching. Through an advancement program in my high school, I got a decent architecture scholarship to Delphian University, the same university my brother attends. At first, I was a bit unsure, but after deciding that I can deal with my brother for a few more years where I've already dealt with him for this long, the option was pretty good.

My train of thought is completely wrecked once I spot Zayn standing leaning against my car, a cigarette low in his hands, probably trying to hide it from any administrators. I can't help the air that gets knocked out of my lungs. If I thought two years changed me, seeing Zayn now was a completely different story.

He looks gorgeous, like always. His hair is groomed upwards into a messy look, a few strands lose. Sunglasses frame his eyes as he brings his cigarette up to his lips and sucks in his cheeks, inhaling sharply. He's in a tight red shirt that hugs his chest so well that I get weak in the knees, the sleeves pulled up to reveal fully inked arms that he didn't have before. And because tattoos were my weakness, of course, he had them trailing all up his neck, taunting me wildly. There's a light scruff along his jawline which gives off a messy but frustrating vibe that makes me part my mouth.

Oh, God. If I had thought he was attractive before, he's just inhumanely gorgeous right now.

"Zayn!" Kai calls out, which makes Zayn turn his head to the sound of Kai's voice. When he sees us, he immediately drops his cigarette, crushing it under his shoe. I swallow hard.

Zayn lowers his sunglasses to the bridge of his nose and begins shamelessly eyeing me as if he's never seen me before. When we're standing in front of him, Kai lets go of me and leans against the car beside Zayn, smirking.

"Who's this?" Zayn asks Kai, slipping his sunglasses back on.

"Raine," Kai furrows his eyebrows, wondering if Zayn is playing with him or if he really is serious. I tilt my head, a bit hurt that Zayn doesn't recognize me, and also a bit angry that he doesn't just ask me who I am to my face instead of asking Kai. There's no way I've changed to the point where I'm unrecognizable.

"Your sister, Raine?" He asks Kai, tilting his own head.

Annoyed, I speak up for Kai, who's speaking for me.

"Yes, Kai's sister, Raine," I say sharply which makes Zayn spin his head to look at me. Surprised, he lifts his sunglasses off the bridge of his nose and sets them on top of his head. His eyebrows knit together in confusion, checking me out a second time.