"Nothing I just ran into the table."

"Did he hit you?"

"No. "

"How'd you get a busted lip then?"

"Look we got into an argument things got out of control and I was trying to go into our bedroom to get away from him and I fell."

"We got a call about a disturbance. The neighbors heard screaming."

"Yea we were arguing."

"We also were told there's a baby here?"

"No, my daughter, she's at her grand mother's."

"Do you want to press charges?"

"What? No! No!"

He signaled to the other cop to let Trey go and he undid the handcuffs.

"Alright, if we get another call we'll have to file a report."

"There won't be."

I said half smiling. They looked at Trey again before exiting. We both stared out the window until we saw them pull off. Trey went back into the bedroom to get his stuff.

"Where are you going?"

"To be with my daughter."

I went to grab Trey and he pulled away.

"Fuck off me shawty."

"Trey please don't leave me like this. Please."

I started to cry and watched as his figure disappeared out the door

The next couple days were hard to get through. I missed going home to Kyleigh and Trey. I was home alone. I was attempting to do some homework and fight off another crying spell when Chris called.

"Danni what's up? Is everything okay?"

I sighed.

"Chris we can't be friends anymore."

"Wait? Since when? Tell me this isn't because of Trey?"

"He left me."

I said through sniffles.

"He saw a video of me at your show and he left, he took Kyleigh. He told me that if I wanted to be single, than I could be single."

"Wow, Danni you know I never want to see you hurt. I didn't meant to cause that."

"It wasn't you Chris, it's me. Trey is all I know, and somewhere deep down I guess I'm longing for something else. But I didn't realize that I was hurting him."

"Danni you love him and he loves you."

"He hates me."

"He's just angry."