..

Rush was today

Rush was today. And I was nervous. Even more so about the date that Anixa had planned for us afterwards. I was just getting out of the shower when I heard Anixa knock on the door. I didn't know how, or if God just understood my struggle with doing it myself, but Anixa was a hair wiz too just like Keyanna. I answered in my robe and she saw the nerves all over my face.

"Oh my gosh, you are pale. And as light as you are, that is pretty hard."

"Shut up."

"Where do you want me to plug this stuff up?"

"The kitchen."

"Alright, you going to put your clothes on first?"

"I don't know what to wear."

"C'mon."

She followed me into my bedroom and looked at the mess that was on my bed in search of an outfit.

"Okay, I'm gonna just tell you that dis here is craziness. You going to meet some girls not the president or something."

"I know, I know but this is how they choose who they want to pledge spring semester and I really want this."

"Well first off relax, I thought you brought and outfit for this?"

"I did but my ass looked too big and I didn't want to give the girls any reason to hate me."

Anixa shook her head and shifted through my clothes pulling out a pair of jeggings, a beige off the shoulder top, and grabbing my caramel leather booties.

"Put it on, and shut up. I'll be in the kitchen when youre ready."

I got dressed, double checking to make sure my ass didn't look to big I snapped a picture and sent it to Trey who called me back instantly.

"You look good baby."

"Just good? Does my butt look too big? What about the shirt? Too revealing?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down what is going on?"

"Trey I am so nervous and I have no idea why! Like I shouldn't be nervous over this right?"

"Baby what did I tell you ? You just go and be yourself and if that's not enough for them then fuck it. Don't change for anyone."

Hearing that calmed my nerves.

"Thanks baby."

"You're welcome, finish getting ready and send me another picture. Text me and let me know how it goes okay?"

"Alright baby. I love you."

"I love you too baby."

I exhaled and ended the phone call. I took a deep breath and headed to the kitchen where Anixa was waiting to do my hair and makeup. After a shot of tequila to calm my nerves I thanked Anixa before going over our plans for tonight and heading to campus. I parked my car in the lot next to the gymnasium and followed the signs. When I walked in I was shocked at how many girls were there, and saw the older sorors along with the girls who were at the meeting. After getting a name tag I was standing looking lost until the girl who was in honors society with me came over. Her name was Rebecca.