..

The next day Brendan and I headed to lunch

The next day Brendan and I headed to lunch. The canteen was busy as always. The cool kids didn't go to the dining hall, at least that's what I was told. Even though I was from the Burg' being on campus was like being in another world. Walking in the cliques were all over the place. The Frat Boys in one corner and the Sorority girls in another wearing coats with their greek letters stitched down the front. We had the skaters, you could see them through the windows trying to do a trick over some steps that led to the rest of campus. I sat with the athletes not because I didn't know anyone else, but these were my boys, but then I noticed something. I looked up and saw two dudes with a crowd around them and heard an instrumental playing in the background. Oohs and aahs filled the crowd as the guys went back and forth battling. I walked over leaving Brendan behind wanting to be a part of what was going on. The battle ended and the crowd started to disperse and I heard the winner yell.

"Anybody trying to get in on making music holla at me. Free studio time."

Why not take a shot a recording a song. I walked up to him.

"You said you got free studio time?"

"Yeah I'm a music major so I have access to the school's recording studio. Why you looking to put down some tracks?"

"Yeah but I don't rap I sing."

"Okay cool. I produce mostly this rapping shit is just for fun."

"Word. What's ya name?"

"Reggie, and you are?"

"Trey."

"Cool, here take my number and hit me up when you ready. You got material?"

"Some stuff."

Reggie slid me a card with his number and e-mail on it.

"Cool, cool. I got beats for you."

"Alright I'll definitely hit you up."

"Cool man make sure you do."

We dapped each other before he walked off

We dapped each other before he walked off. I was going to stick my feet in this music thing, I'd been playing long enough. Later that night I was working out in the gym with Brendan and I couldn't get my mind off of Daniela. Was I being selfish? I didn't see the point of sororities, or why she wanted to be in one so bad. I was running on the treadmill in deep thought when Brendan waived a Gatorade in front of my face.