Names

Chris?"

Chris?"

I said shockingly walking over to him.

"Yeah, hey, I know I'm really late but I was in DC earlier and I got wrapped up in the studio, I kept telling them that I had to go but."

A harsh mumble of "you've got to be fucking kidding me" was heard followed by Trey stomping up the stairs, and slamming his bedroom door shut. Chris looked up where the loud thud came from.

"Guess he's not too happy to see me?"

"You think?"

Marcus interjected. Chris just glanced at him but then looked back at me smiling.

"Well did you eat? There's plenty of food in the kitchen if you want, and cake."

"Sure."

"Well c'mon."

I said motioning for him to walk towards me through the crowd of bystanders. When Chris got there I honestly didn't notice anyone or anything else. We smiled and laughed the whole time. He told me about how he'd been hard at work on his demo and his plan to go to New York and sing on corners if he had to. I'd sent him an invite but I didn't think he would come. I had cut him a piece of cake and was handing him the plate when he stuffed the big pink bag in my face.
Aww Chris you shouldn't have, she got so much stuff today."

"Yeah I figured but you know, too much stuff can't hurt."

He ate his cake as I went through what seemed like a bottomless bag. It was full of bottles, pacifiers, burp clothes, bibs, toys, a baby book, little baby socks and onezees.

"Aww Chris you shouldn't have! This is so thoughtful."

I went to give him a hug and almost knocked him out with my stomach.

"Whoa! You better watch that thing."

He laughed. He was rubbing my stomach when Trey came into the dining room where we were sitting.

"What's up Trey?"

Chris said extending his hand. He looked him up and down before embracing his palm.

"Nothing man, nothing."

"Cool, but it's getting late and I know Danni you're probably tired. Thanks for the food and the cake, I'm about to go."

"Okay. Nice to see you Chris! And thank you so much again!"

I said giving him another hug.

"Yeah man, thanks."

Trey said extending his hand. Chris shook his head before dapping Trey and heading out the door.

"I've had enough surprises for today."

Trey said grabbing the bag out of my hand.

"You and I both."

"You ready to go the movie? Key and the crew are outside."