A Sweet Tooth

Many months have passed since the incident at Maid Latte. Misaki's father is still running from the police, but they are still eagerly trying to find that evil man.

Every week the kaichou would visit Usui as he recovered in the hospital, and she would always give him his homework from school saying "Well you can't slack off and let me beat you now!" as her cheeks were stained red. Usui always waited for her to return day after day. Through the fight of those months, Usui had almost fully recovered and was to be released the next morning.

Misa was so excited for his return. That night after school, she returned home and finished her homework and student council duties as fast as she could. The boss let her have a day off work so she didn't need to worry about that. She took a carrying bag and filled it with random supplies that Suzana received in the mail that would work with her plan. She then took a stack of pajamas and stuffed them into her bag.

"Bye mom!" She ran out the door in a frantic rush.

She used her might running down the street and eventually reached the downtown area. It was becoming sunset while she stopped to rest in the middle of the side walk. She had been running for a long time and sighed heavily wiping the sweat away as she glanced over her shoulder. She looked into a small bakery window and saw a glamorous cake before her very eyes. The frosting was a sweet buttercream with strawberries placed around the edge. In the middle wrote, "Welcome."

This delicacy had spoken to her. She needed to get it for him. She looked at the price tag and then rummaged through her bad. She had just enough.

If i buy this then I will need to work overtime next week...

A sudden urge made her walk into the store and purchase the cake. She wanted to make him smile even if she had to make a small sacrifice. Misa held the cake firmly and continued walking to Usui's house with a slight smile.