The Heart That Speaks For Me

Misaki slowly regained consciousness. The world around her was fuzzy and she had a splitting a headache. She brought herself up to a sitting position and brought her hand to the sore on her head cringing. The room became visible as she glanced back and forth.

"U...Usui?"

Misaki's eyes spun around as she glanced around the room worrying deeply for Usui's well being. 

Is he okay? And why does my heart ache so much?

She gently placed her free hand to her chest as she let out a breath. She looked over her shoulder and ran to him. His handsome figure lied there, bleeding. His eyes cringed in pain as he held his hand on the bullet wound on his stomach. Her eyes quickly built up with droplets. She wanted to cry.

"Usui! No! Please... Please. Don't take him from me!"

She buried her head into the palms of her hands as she sobbed. She didn't know if he was alive or not. It worried her gravely as she pulled a small phone from her pocket and called the ambulance. 

"Help.... A man has been shot at (address) and I... I don't know if he's dead or not... He's lost so much blood. The gunman is on the run... and" She couldn't seem to finish as she broke down to his side.

"Kaichou..." She quickly opened her eyes and grasped his hand firmly as the phone was still to her ear.

"The victim is alive, but needs medical assistance."

She ended call knowing that they were on their way.

"Usu..."

"Shh..."

Her eyes widened as he had a frown on his face.

"I never want to see you cry Misa. You're too beautiful. No matter what happens I want you to always smile. To always laugh. To always stay strong." 

He winced as the pain intensified. He lifted his hand up to her as he smiled. He gently glided his fingertips over her tears. She held his hand up to her cheek, leaning her head into it. His touch soothed her and made her reassured he would be okay.

That feeling soon disappeared when his arm went numb, falling down as his eyes closed.

"Usui!" 

He didn't respond.

"Usui!" The tears began to flow down her again as the paramedics ran in pulling her away from him as they pulled his lifeless body out to the ambulance. Misaki was a crying mess as she tried to escape their arms so she could be with him in his final moments.