I push all the negative thoughts away as I focus on the magnificent view in front of me. A farm lies in the distance miles from where are. After the lake behind it it's nothing but fields and fields of flowers of every kind. Blue. Yellow. Purple. Red. Vibrant.

When the sun sets it's almost as if there's a face that can be made from all the different blooms.

A tap sounds at the door pulling my gaze away from the fields.

I turn to look back out the window when the other side of the door remains silent. Seconds later the lock clicks and the door propels open. I don't turn to see who it is. I already know.

"Sorry I knocked, when I didn't get an answer I just assumed you were still asleep," His rugged voice brings tears to my eyes for some unknown reason and I push them away before they get the chance to escape.

His body heat is suddenly pressing on my back and I just sit. Letting it consume me. I'm not angry anymore. Or sad. I just don't feel like talking auto anyone right now. If I'm gonna heal I need to do it on my own. I've already made progress. From moving from the bed to the window.

I anticipate the pity party, but it never comes. He doesn't hold me or tell me everything going to be okay. We just simply sit here and stare out the window into the fields.

After what feels like an eternity he clears his throat to speak.

"You didn't happen to see the farmer and a young girl pass through those fields did you?" What?

I'm so taken aback by that question that I begin to laugh. Hysterically. We don't speak to each other in a few days and the first question he asks me is about a farmer and his mistress.

"Yeah.." he joins in with the laughter and we both end up clutching our chests gasping for air on the floor.

"I don't speak to you for three days and that's all you could come up with? Zero points Castellano." I breathe out wiping tears from my eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"It's better than asking: how are you feeling" he mumbles in my ear as he pulls me onto his lap. My back presses up against his front as we stare out the window.

"Yeah.." I whisper.

"Why did you have to jump out of the car neonata?" He whispers and pulls me closer to him.

"What?" I lean out of his embrace and look back at him.

"I could have been there. You would have been safe. You wouldn't have had to witness that."

"And then what? What would that have solved? Those men would have still barricaded through my house looking for whatever they looking for. My mom would have still been murdered."

By now I'm standing before him while he's still seated on the floor.

"Do you honestly not see where I am getting at-"

"No! I never know what you're talking about. If I was with you that would have been another distraction on top of what was going on. Who cares about me being safe when there are people not only watching me but my family. And do you honestly think that if I was with you I wouldn't have still went? That I would have just sat there and obeyed every order that you threw at me-"