Birthday party *ss/f*

George Weasley did not celebrate his twenty first birthday. When his mother had sent him an owl inviting him back to The Burrow, all she got back were the words "I can't blow out the candles alone." He hasn't celebrated a birthday since then.

It took George almost two years of therapy before he had the strength to re open Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. He designed a new line of products for the reopening, Trigger Charms that would temporarily block out your senses when a trigger was detected, No Nightmare Nougat, Lethargy Lollipops, etc. Eventually Ron decided that being an auror was too stressful for him, and George offered him a job. It got easier to run once he had a brother with him.

Life slowly got easier, George's business was booming, his family didn't have to worry about money as much. Nieces and nephews started cropping up. George reconnected with Angelina and after a few years of dating they wound up getting married. It was harder picking a best man with Fred gone, but George managed. When Angelina gave birth his son, it was all too easy to pick a name.

One day George was sitting at the table explaining to Fred II how fainting fancies worked, Fred looked up and asked,

"Dad, when is your birthday?"

"Oh, in about a week," George replied glancing at the calendar.

"Are you going to have a party?"

"No, I don't really do birthday parties."

"Aw, c'mon! You have to have a party!"

"Okay, I'll have one, on one condition, you have to help me blow out the candles."

A week later for the first time since George was twenty, Fred and George blew out the birthday candles together.

---

Thank you @saruibee for showing me this on tumblr.