Chapter 9

Zayn P.O.V

"You nothing, but a pathetic, worthless, pest from hell! You belong where the demons die!"

WHACK

"You shouldn't be aloud to roam this earth with humans and creatures that walked on TWO FEET."

WHACK

"Your an animal. You should be treated like one." He pointed to the door. "Get out and don't come back."

I forced myself off the cold wood ground and made it to the door. I looked back. "I don't care who you are or what you do, but you are no son of mine." He snapped and shoved me outside.

I fell face-first into the snow bank. I let out a painful cry.

This couldn't be happening.

I can't possibly be a cat.

I'm a human.

That stupid doctor is wrong. I walk and talk like a human being. Not meowing and purring like a cat.

I pushed myself up and looked back at the door of my - now - old home.

One Direction was on Christmas break, so I went home. Of course the same day I get to see my family, I have a check-up with the doctors. I received the worst news in the world:

Your not who you think you are.

My father was furious. He beat me, thinking he could knock the cat out of me.

It didn't work.

"WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING ON MY LAWN YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT?" My father yelled. I scrambled up and ran down the street.

I ran till I couldn't run no more. I looked back. "I can't go back. There, no one loves me. I have no family there."

"Just like Liam doesn't love me." I wiped the tears from my eyes as I said that. That was one of the nightmares I had the most. I never mention it because it would weird out the rest of the band.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, tiredly. "Ugh." I groaned. I'm such an emotional being.

Feline being.

I let out a choked cry. I stopped rubbing my eyes and let the tears flow down on my cheeks.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Zayn? Are you awake?" Louis's voice echoed from the other side of the door. I didn't answer. Instead, I pulled my knees up to my chest and sobbed.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Zayn, breakfast is ready. Come before Niall eats it all." Louis chuckled. I ignored him once again. "Zayn, I know your awake. Open this door or I'll bust it down." Louis threatened.

I hopped out of bed and walked over to the door. I rubbed my eyes with my arm and opened the door.

"Morning Za... what's wrong?" Louis asked worriedly, wrapping his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest, not caring (at this point) about who was watching me. Louis rubbed my back and held me close.

I hate being who I am. I wish I could just be normal. I wish Liam could love me.

I wish I was normal (human) and a girl.

Louis pulled back and looked down at me. "Zayn, talk to me. What's wrong?" Louis asked, staring right into my eyes. "I-I h-ha-ate be-ing a c-cat." I cried. Louis frowned and wiped the tears off of my cheeks. "I can't do anything about that. Except give you a mirror." Louis smiled. I raised an eyebrow.

Louis walked into my room and found a mirror. He walked back out and held it up.

Oh

My

God

I felt my face that was covered with cat features.

Whiskers & Button nose, along with cat-like eyes.

On top of my head had my ears.

I looked down and noticed my tail, hanging loosely.

I looked back up at Louis. "I hate being a cat." I said right as my voice cracked with fresh tears rolling down my cheeks. Louis pulled me back into another hug. "You know what might make you feel better?" Louis whispered. "What?" I mumbled. "A warm Styles breakfast." He answered. I chuckled and pulled away from him.

I jogged down the steps and into the kitchen.

It was just Niall and Harry sitting at the counter while playing a card game.

No breakfast.

I raised an eyebrow and looked behind me. Louis was standing in the hallway. "You lied." I said. He shook his head. "I didn't. I said what would make you feel better, I didn't say it was gonna be there." Louis smirked. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "But you said breakfast was ready." I mumbled.

I walked over to the cabinet. I pulled out a glass and filled it with water.

"So Zayn," I turned around, "are you aware that-" Harry whacked Niall's shoulder before he could finish. I let out a sad sigh and nodded. "Anyway, we were playing on going shopping. You coming?" Harry asked. I shrugged. "I guess." I mumbled. "Great! We leave in five." Niall said quickly, before dashing out of the kitchen with Harry and Louis.

What? Now? I just woke up!

I set my glass and ran upstairs to get changed.

***

I slid into the back seat of the car. Liam sat beside me - SCORE! - and Harry sat beside him. Louis was driving and Niall was in the passengers seat.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and stared out the window. I watched and counted (because I was bored) the houses we past. Soon there wasn't any houses left to count, but there was trees. So I counted them instead.

I watched as the trees turned into buildings.

Big...

Sketchy...

Plain buildings. "Louis, where are we?" I asked. It was completely silent in the car. It has been since we got in. Strange. It's usually so noisy, but not today. It's very odd.

"A mile away from the arcade." He answered. I raised an eyebrow. "I thought we were going shopping." I pointed out.

Silence

"Change of plans." Louis said nervously. I stared at him through the rear-view mirror.

***

Louis pulled up in a happy/colorful parking lot. It was near everything.

A mini mall...

A zoo...

A vet (since there's a zoo)...

A cake factory...

And just other random stuff that just don't have any labels.

We entered the averaged sized building. Louis and Liam kept whispering to each other and looking back at me. Niall and Harry were laughing at each other and joking around. I walked alone, staring at the ground.

I'm such an awkward loner.

Liam held the door open for all of us. I walked in last and immediatley regretted it.