Chapter #13

Camila's POV

It's been about three weeks later and my dead social media has at least 500k followers now. I swear I used to have only fifteen followers and I gained that much from the help of Jack. I even got a small role in a feature film with him. The role is about a girl who was being abused, just like how I was. Everyone seemed to love my acting because I relate to her, so of course it would be easy for me. The movie is called 'The Broken Girl'. I was broken once. I'd never thought I was worthy enough to have friends or fifteen random followers on Instagram. To imagine myself one day, meeting a guy who can turn your life around just like that, was nonexistent to me. I seriously thought I might die before the age of 25. There have been some directors and a few agents that have spoken to me about working with them sometime. I didn't think that I would be wanted so much. I grew to love film and I guess I found something that I'm actually talented at. I see people on my social media shipping Jack and I. They know that we're only best friends, but I can see why it's a fun thing to do. Do I see myself dating him? Maybe. Now that I think about it, I never should. I've seen what the media does to celebrity couples. People lie and say that they've broken up or had a kid together. I don't wanna ruin our friendship like that. I'm a free bird that has been restored from misery. I've found a career and I might not decide on finishing college. I think this will all go really well for me.

Shawn's POV

Almost another month has gone by and I have been such an idiot. All this time, for years and years I thought Charlie would be the best thing in my life. Now it's turned into a nightmare. I admit I've been stalking Camila on her social media for the longest. I forced myself not to like any of the pictures, not even of her and Jack. Jack Lake. He's a movie star with the whole package. Girls are always swooning over him and I bet there are millions of pictures of him on their bedroom walls. Are him and Camila dating? What if she's in love with him? I can never beat a guy like that I mean c'mon! I was a complete jerk to her. I hung the phone up in her face and she overheard Charlie in the room with me. I mean Camila's parents told us to break up for her own good! So I agreed. Then I told myself I wasn't going to live alone anymore. I contacted my long term crush and I so happened to be lucky; but now, things have drastically changed. She caught me on Camila's Instagram page about five times now and she's starting to get aggravated. She assumed that I liked her or something. I'm not sure if I do anymore really. She threatened to break up with me if I was more interested in Camila. The fact is, Charlie doesn't know that I dated Camila. She doesn't know that I bought her things, told her about my parents, loved her. Charlie just assumes that I follow another random celebrity. I knew Camila before she became well-known. I'm sure she forgot all about me and I bet she wishes she never met me.

"This Camila girl just came into the media out of nowhere huh, Shawnie?" Charlie says coming from the bathroom

"Yeah, I know. I heard she's working on a new movie with Jack Lake."

"Ooh that guy is so handsome. Not that I find him more handsome than you." She bops my nose.

"Camila is pretty okay herself."

"Do you have a crush on her or something? Because I've seen you on her page numerous times before and it's kinda creepy." She says

"No, I'm just curious as to where she came from. That's all." I responded with a little apprehension in my voice.

"She's not even that cute. I mean she looks like one of those awkward girls who sits in the bathroom during lunch." She makes a stifled laugh through her nose.

"Well she's not ugly, I can tell you that."

"Can we please stop talking about this girl?"

"Okay fine. What do you wanna do? What's your favorite music?"

"We can discuss that later."

She moves closer to me attempting to reach for my shirt. I feel very uncomfortable and used at the same time. Is she not into conversation? Why are people even in a relationship if they don't talk and enjoy each others' company, and discussing life's issues? I'm not the type of guy who just wants to mess around. I don't know how to tell her this. All she wants is my body, my appearance. She never asks me about my family life, my struggles, my interests, none of that! Have you ever had a crush and once you got to know them, they weren't what you expected them to be?

"Charlie...stop I don't want this right now."

"What are you talking about? Are you tired?"

"No...I just. I don't feel comfortable if this is all you want out of me. I want you to like me for who I am. I just want our relationship to be based off of trust, communication, kindness, giving, you know. We can even sit in silence without it being awkward.  If that's not what you're interested in then we should break up."

Her face had morphed into something evil-like. It's something that you'd wish you could take back. I don't wanna take back what I said. It's the truth and I know what's right and what's wrong.

"We are NEVER breaking up!"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me! You won't be in control in this relationship, mister. I am! And you can't do anything about it. You are mine and I won't let anyone take you away from me. Even if you get arrested, I will bail you out. If another girl accidentally brushes against your arm, I will slit her neck. GOT IT??"

By that time I just sat there in shock, shaking and frozen in time. I have never seen this side of her. If you look at her, you'd never guess she'd be the type of girl to control the guy and fight other people. Am I dreaming? Maybe if I wake up, this will all be over. I will wake up and find myself as a young kid again with my loving parents. I wouldn't have to move out, live alone, fall in love with a girl who was hurt for years, break up with her, mess around with my childhood crush and possibly be intimidated for the rest of my life. She grabs her purse, kisses my forehead and storms out of my apartment. What the hell just happened?