Chapter #6

It's Wednesday morning and I rub the sleep from my eyes. I was expecting Shawn to be in his own bed, but I guess he let me sleep in it for the night. Until I see him in his work uniform. Oh, I totally remember that he works on Wednesday's. I really like him in his work uniform for some reason. So if he's going to work, what am I supposed to do here alone? I can walk around without any clothes, blast his music or take a drive. The possibilities are endless. He walks in with a smoothie in his hands.

"Here I made you a smoothie."

"Thank you so much. What flavor is it?"

"Strawberry Banana. It's my favorite and it helps me get through the day feeling good."

"It tastes great, I'm impressed. You still haven't made me dinner."

"That, will be a surprise."

"You're gonna surprise me with dinner?"

"One day I will." He shoots a cute wink at me and I can't help but blush

"Shouldn't you be at work." I say with a playful tone

"Thank you for the reminder. I'll be back around five."

"Okay."

He leaves and makes his way to work. I finish up my smoothie and look around his bedroom. What if he did sleep in his bed after his shower? With me in it? I'm not even sure because I was dead asleep. He might have had his arm around me, making me feel secure. His body heat transferring to my cool skin. Maybe he snores or talks in his sleep. Was he fully clothed? I wonder when I'll feel ready enough to tell him about my life. All of the terrible stuff that's happened to me and I still haven't ran away. Maybe I'm too scared of the real world. I get confused and back out.

I see his guitar next to his bedside table and pick it up. It feels smooth in my hands and I place my hands in the right position. I play a few chords that I learned off the internet. E major, G major, A major. I personally think G major is one of the hardest fingering positions on the guitar. I'm just messing around with chords I know so far. I'm no professional like Shawn. I wonder if he's written any songs. If not, I want his first original song to be written about me. Once again, I just want to feel special. I'm sorry for talking about it so much. Although, if you were in my shoes, you'd understand. I remember the new record player that Shawn bought me yesterday. I go into the living room to unbox it and take out the Tame Impala 'Currents' vinyl. I set the needle and sway with the music waves travelling through my body. My favorite songs from this album are: "The Less I know the Better," "New Person, Same Old Mistakes," "'Cause I'm a Man," and "Let it Happen." Those songs just take me to the skies, I can't explain it. Music just gives you that good tingly feeling and gets you all excited. It sometimes makes me forget I have a terrible life.

After about two or three hours of playing with my record player and watching his amazon fire tv, I decided to go shopping. My parents opened up a bank account for me three years ago and deposited about five thousand dollars. They said if I run out of the money, it's my responsibility to redeposit money on my own. I put on some decent clothes and grab my debit card. Tonight, I want to do something with Shawn. Not just go to a shop or to the beach; but somewhere special and unforgettable. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure he has an idea on where to go. I drive down to several shops to find a cute outfit to wear. I pick out some leather skinny jeans with a blue crop top. I wouldn't normally wear something like this, but it's worth a try. I arrive back to the apartment and shower. I put on my newly bought outfit, straighten my hair and put on a little make up. While I wait for him to come home in an hour, I kill the time by reading some more fanfiction. I imagine myself as the girl and Shawn as the boy in this book. The thought of it just sends legit tingles all over my body.

After an hour, he arrives home and he is shocked from what I was wearing.

"Hey, Camila. What are you wearing?"

"I just bought this today while you were gone. I thought we could do something fun tonight."

"I think that's a nice idea. Just give me a few minutes to rest and I'll take you somewhere."

"Will do."

We both smile at each other and hot flashes are rushing faster than the speed of light. I wonder where he's going to take me. A fancy restaurant, a party or maybe just a movie. He spends an hour taking a nap and then he showers. In the meantime, I catch up on my reading. He comes out wearing a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black skinny jeans. We were matching. Did he do that on purpose? Did he want people to think we are a thing? I shouldn't ask. We make our way to his truck and drives to a place I've never been before. A jazz club.

"They play really great music here. Soothing and foot-tapping as well."

"This is perfect. Thanks, Shawn."

"Anything for you." He parks in a parking space and lets me out from my side of the truck

We make our way inside and sit at a table. The waiter comes by to take our order and Shawn orders both of us a peach hurricane. Yes it does contain alcohol and it taste extraordinary. The band onstage starts performing their slow, ballad songs and everyone around us are watching. Inspecting their unique talent. I wonder if Shawn will have the guts to be up there. I'm not sure if anybody knows he sings. Am I the only one who knows? I really should start asking him instead of assuming things in my head. The band stops playing and the overhead speakers play an upbeat song. People from around us get up and dance on the dance floor.

"Care to dance, m'lady?" Shawn says with a cheesy smile

"Hm, don't mind if I do, sir." I take his hand and he leads me to the crowd.

We dance along to the rumbling beats of the bass. Everyone is having a spectacular time letting go, feeling safer in here rather than a rowdy, sweaty party. Shawn's hands are in mine, swaying back and forth with the music and grinning from ear to ear. By this time, my parents or my brother never crossed my mind. My full focus is on him. The beautiful creation that saved me from two weeks of homelessness. God brought him to me for a reason, and I'm starting to feel a connection with him. My arms reach over his shoulders and his hands on my waist. Our brown eyes meet and they stay there for I don't know how long. I feel relaxed, secure and free. No one's here to stop us. I'm glad I spoke up and said I wanted to have fun for once in my life without being controlled. This time, I'm the one in control.