eleven

unedited

thursday

it has been four days since the last time he spoke to jeon jeongguk. four days, ninety six hours, five thousand seven hundred and sixty minutes and several seconds he doesn't feel like calculating on his phone, because to hell with solving mathematical problems in his head. he's an arts student, for fuck's sake. 

four days taehyung has been sulking inside his room, four days of sending countless messages to the guy he unintentionally (but truly) hurt, four days of being left on read, and taehyung's tired, to say the very least. 

so when he decides to call for advice he can't rely on seokjin and jimin, isn't in the mood to listen to i told you sos and drunk you shouldn't have taken our bet seriouslys. he's only human, he figures, and being reminded of how wrong he is doesn't seem like a viable option now that he's hit rock bottom.

he presses wheein's number-- yes, that wheein he regrets kissing almost a decade ago-- and turns on the speaker in order to continue lying face down onto his pillow as he listens to yet another sermon. 

it rings a few times before a melodic voice chimes in with a simple "hello?"

"wheein", taehyung begins, "i'm dying."

a chuckle, "go on."

to say taehyung's tired of repeating the same old story about how much he has fucked up with his one best friend would be an understatement, but drastic situations require drastic measures. second life didn't tell him how hard actual life would be, and his (many) virtual girlfriends never drowned him in this much stress. 

and when the time comes for him to hear the advice he's been seeking for so long, it isn't what he's expecting. in fact, it's the most obvious solution, and the one that he's been trying and failing miserably at for the past few days that positively feel like eons.

"you need to talk to him"

"don't you think i've tried?", he groans and it's muffled by his pillow, feet kicking at the mattress as he sinks in his distress. "that bitch won't pick up my calls or reply to my texts, i really fucked up like, major fuck up of history, greater than hitler invading czechoslovakia when he said he'd do otherwise"

"your talking ways are kinda peculiar, tae", she admits although it isn't much of a surprise, since it's public knowledge that taehyung speaks a lot for someone who isn't good with words. 

another groan. "that i know."

"okay, there was this time in which--"

"life lesson? again?"

"you're damn right", wheein scoffs, her attempts at sounding intimidating always betrayed by her cheerful voice. "moving on, remember that one time in which hyejin had just asked me to date her?"

"you're dating?"

"surprising, i know, but hey! stop interrupting me", she whines and taehyung nods to no one in particular, the corners of his mouth curling up into the first genuine smile he's opened in a while.

"anyways, i agreed, obviously. but like, in the first-- no, second week we were officially a thing she kissed a random girl while she was really, really drunk."

he immediately pushes himself up with his hands into a sitting position and grasps his phone in a vice-like grip, "do you need me to fight her?"

"no, no, silly", she laughs quietly because it's 2am and wheein's neighbors aren't used to the screaming taehyung's have already grown accustomed to. "when hyejin drinks, she really drinks, so i wasn't upset."