nine

a/n use or the f slur + stuff happens too fast & uhh this isnt proofread also reminder 2 self: rewrite this u jerk

wednesday

the past four days were uneventful in a way taehyung didn't quite expect; no texts, calls or signs of life coming from a particular gentleman he had a very unfortunate (lose the prefix) encounter with saturday morning. 

they consisted of meddling with jimin (as per usual), looking for pokemon and almost getting ran over thrice (predictable) and sacrificing the lock button of his phone by checking it every ten minutes for texts from the same particular gentleman (he will never admit that, although he's already been caught by his roommate while blankly staring at his messaging app like a text would pop up if he focused hard enough).

on his way to class now, the blonde spots a group of people on campus frantically tapping away at their phones and the first thought that comes to his mind is fucking nerds.

and of course, he runs over to join them because he is indeed a fucking nerd himself, already pulling his phone out of his back pocket in order to open the infamous app. 

but a certain notification makes his feet stop in their track and almost make him topple forward and onto a guy who's very determined to catch this snorlax and very annoyed that someone interrupted him in such life changing situation.

he promptly ignores the ugly stare and proceeds to take care of the matter at hand.

gukkie; 

hey tae

it's like, really early but w/e

wanna grab some coffee later?

(he doesn't think twice before replying.

not like he'd been thinking about all the possible approaches jeongguk could have after saturday like, all day, of course.)

you;

u cnt buy my love with caffeine jeongguk

(good enough for someone with definitely not enough of that substance in his system this early in the morning. he thanks whoever's up above for managing to be so cool and smooth in the internet.)

gukkie; 

i thought you were never gonna reply tae god

you;

yes that is me

and i was asleep u moron what did u expect

(yes, he did wait for two minutes before replying to not seem half as desperate as he truly is inside.

jeongguk, on the other hand, doesn't seem like he's attempting to play hard to get.)

gukkie; 

do you want coffee or not oh my god

you;

i do indeed

but whats the occasion 

i mean not like ive been expecting a confirmation that ure alive for lik two daysss or anythgin

(jeongguk takes his sweet time to reply this time. no smart comebacks? no reason as to why he left a very distressed taehyung hanging for seventy-two hours? the world may never know.