Shoot, that’s right. That’s why he was able to read Mom so easily. He’s going to school to study people’s behavior.

Clearing my throat, I shrug, “Doesn’t mean anything.”

He laughs, “Yes it does. You’re hard to read, but not impossible. According to what I’m learning right now, you’re definitely with someone right now.”

“Am not!” I say more forcefully, crossing my arms and stomping my feet childishly.

“Denial,” he smiles and stands up, setting his dish on the floor before padding over to stand in front of me, “These are just casual observations, anyone can see your lips are a little swollen—you’ve obviously been kissing someone. You’re standing a little taller and you’ve always got this very light—sometimes unnoticeable—blush on your cheeks.”

My mouth is hanging open now. What the heck? This guy needs a hobby, that’s what he needs.

“Ah,” he smiles smugly, “Genuine surprise? I can practically smell Justin’s mint toothpaste on your tongue. That’s who you’re seeing right now, right?”

I snap my mouth close, probably only confirming everything he’s said. But seriously, what kind of weird voodoo is this?

“Have you been stalking me?” I ask, slightly aghast.

He bursts out laughing at this and I frown at his attempts to catch his breath when he’s calmed down.

“Nope, but that little statement proves I’m right—so, ha!”

“What? No!” I argue. I’d kick myself if I could.

“I knew it was Justin. He’s the other lead singer, right?” he asks, smiling to himself, “Yep, I’ve only seen him a couple times, but I could totally tell. You both reek of sexual frustration.”

“Ew, don’t say that!” I tell him, quickly covering my ears and squeezing my eyes shut. I am not going to talk about Justin with A.J. Just…no.

An airy breath of laughter escapes A.J.’s lips when he says, “Embarrassed?”

“No!” I growl, dropping my hands from my ears and opening my eyes, “I just don’t get why you’re bugging me about this!”

“I’ll shut up about Justin if you wash my dishes, “he states simply.

“Blackmail?”

“Not exactly.”

“Well, I’m not afraid of talking about Justin—so bring it on.” I say stubbornly. Reese Bentley does not lose. Reese Bentley does not give in.

Wait—what am I saying? I’ve given in to more things than I’d care to admit.

Who cares? I refuse to clean up after him.

“Fine,” he smirks, “I’m sure mommy dearest would love to know.”

Gasping, I look at him in horror. Nope, he’s taking things too far.

“You wouldn’t,” I hiss, my face contorting into an ugly scowl.

He brings his face down in front of mine and whispers, “Try me.”

I throw one of the world’s biggest tantrums after that, messing up his bedspread, threatening to throw his books out the window and down into the dirt. But, in the end he wins and I’m left to carry his glass downstairs and wash it.

It’s not that my mom would be mad—no—she’d be ecstatic.  She’d be embarrassing—that is until she found out it’s Justin. Then, you would witness a human being grow claws and fangs. She doesn’t like Justin much, especially not after she watched my performance with him. Therefore, she must never find out I’m currently with Justin Knight. If it was anyone else, she’d turn crazy giddy, but since it’s Justin she’d just turn plain crazy.