Deciding to find out just how much he cares I reach behind me and bring my purse to my lap. After a little bit of digging, I pull out a lip gloss and uncap it while leaning toward him.

“Sean is just so—“ I smile coyly and wrinkle my nose cutely as I bring the applicator to my lips and glide the gloss on slowly, “mature and—“ I release a content sigh, “hot.”

His eyes follow the gloss applicator, squirming when I rub my lips together and stick the lip gloss back in my purse.

“His glasses and those…tight jeans.” I say lowly, enjoying the blush that creeps across his cheeks, “The way he plays the keyboard. He’s good with his hands, no?”

At this, Justin fidgets quite noticeably and leans forward, biting his nails and refusing to look at me.

“I bet he’s a good kisser.” I tease and scoot closer to Justin, biting my freshly glosses lips while letting my gaze fall down to his.

He turns his head to look at me, but literally falls out of his chair when he sees how close I am. Catching himself with his hand he glares up at me furiously, his legs tangled in the chair legs.

“Aw, is Justin blushing.” I mock playfully, leaning across his chair to slap his cheek lightly.

He swats me away and pushes himself off the ground.

“That’s not funny.” He says simply, still not looking directly at me.

“Is Justin jealous?” I ask with fake shock, covering my mouth and widening my eyes.

Finally, he looks at me dead in the eyes, the grey of his eyes dark, reminding me of an incoming storm.

“You already know I like you, there’s no need for that.” He snaps, crossing his arms over his white Beatles t-shirt and frowning.

“In my defense, you deserve it.” I state simply, placing a cheesecake in my mouth indifferently.

“What?”

“You kissed me the other day, this is payback.”

He looks at me with disbelief and runs both of his hands through his hair with a sigh.

“That crosses the line.”

I shake my head, “No, what crosses the line is the little kisses you always sneak. And, by the way, I don’t have a thing for Sean so quit being a total jerk to him. Don’t think I haven’t noticed.”

He grumbles and runs his hands down his face, “Look, I’m not being a jerk because I think you like him. I’m being a jerk because he likes you even though he knows I like you and I’ve been trying to get you to reciprocate my feelings for the past two months.”

“Well, maybe I don’t want to reciprocate your feelings.” I tell him.

He gapes at me but quickly recovers and retaliates with, “Don’t even.”

“Don’t even what?”

“Don’t even pretend that you don’t like me.”

I roll my eyes and turn my attention to the table we’re seated at, tracing random patterns onto the surface.

“I’m not pretending.”

Suddenly, he grabs my arm and yanks me toward him. My eyes widen in shock, gasping at the firm grip he has on my upper arm. I’ve practically fallen into his lap. Awkward? Yes.

“Yes you do. I know you do. You were totally jealous of Megan the other day,” he states confidently, letting an easy smile slide onto his lips when he adds, “Plus, don’t even try to deny the fact that you were checking me out today during lit.”