Chapter 2 ~The fire

The smell of smoke stung my nose. "CLEO!" I called hoping to find my friend alive. She was outside safe. I fell to the ground gasping for breath and the pitch black smoke stung my face. "Help" I called. This was the last thing I remembered before waking up.

                                                                                         ~<3~! ~<3~

            I opened my eyes to a charred house. "We shouldn't have played with those." I muttered remembering not much except for my friend Cleo and Shane. "You are Summer. The daughter of Amanda Frost and James Frost," A voice said. I reached for my knife that somehow survived. "Find Jack Frost... save the world." The voice said.

            I looked around confused and looking for who may have been talking to me. "Hello?" I asked with a cautious tone. "Is anyone there?" No answer came to me as those words fell from my lips. I looked around and realized I was sitting in ash of what remained of my house. My friends sat there crying at the charred remits of my room.

            "Guys what's wrong?" I asked I reached out to them to try to comfort them. "Guys I'm alright see?" my hand went right through Cleo and Shane. I began to panic. I grabbed my knife and ran. But instead of toughing the ground I flew into the air.

            The moon was bright tonight and I decided to float away while crying knowing that my friends may never know that I was ok... or was I?

                                                                        ~<3~! ~<3~    (JACK)

            Jack flew through the air with a smile. It was a full bright moon tonight and winter was here in the north. It actually was almost Christmas one week till and tonight was the night he planned to let kids have a snow day. He waved his staff causing it to start to snow when suddenly he noticed a girl, crying beside a tree. She had red hair and startling yellowish red eyes... almost amber. He floated over not expecting her to react but she heard him and looked up.

            "Who are you and what do you want." She asked startled by his appearance beside her. She scooted away and snow melted in her hair. "I'm not kidding I know how to use this knife and not just for self-harm!" 

He held up his hands in defense. "I'm not going to hurt you." He promised. She looked at him with a slightly confused look.

            "Then what do you want. To just leave me behind like every one of my friends that can't hear me or that I go right through."

            Jack was amazed there was someone who used to be like him... alone. "Hey hey hey now let's go have a little fun." He suggested.

            "Have fun... with you? Ha what is that supposed to be a pick up line? Man that one was a bad one just to let you know." She said with a slight glare.

            "Well excuse me." He said flying off.

~<3~! ~<3~    (Summer)

            I looked at him. "WAIT!" I called. He turned to look at me still floating there in midair. "How are you doing that?"

            "Wow that's a new one." He laughed. "The names Jack, Jack Frost. Yours?" he asked landing in the snow. Only then did I realized he was bare foot in the snow.

            "No way am I talking to jack frost. Not like I've heard that one." She laughed. He rolled his eyes and waved his staff on a tree causing it to frost up.

            "Convinced yet?" he asked sarcastically.

            "Maybe just a little." I said with a smirk. "The names Summer," I said with a look of shock he looked at me.

"You mean you're not dead?" he said.

"What are you talking about? I asked.

"Oh you're her daughter... you're the new Summer Rose... the one who brings the warm weather and all that fun stuff like swimming."

"Ok that's it I'm calling the cops... your one of them mental people." I said turning away and muttering to myself. I reached for my cellphone that I always kept on me but it want there. "The fire..." I growled. He grabbed my arm.

"Come with me for the answers... he flew off into the sky me on his tail following... not by choice.