Chapter 1 ~Friends Family Surprises

AUTHORS NOTE: i do not own rise of the guardians or any of the characters. i only own Summer Rose and her friends. please do not sue because of this story! also the media is Cleo but in summertime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           "Cleo!" I called from her doorstep. I could hear her inside laughing at me. "Come on this is not funny" I complained. Her head peeked out the window and she fell on the ground laughing. I looked at myself. I was warm enough in my t-shirt and pair of light blue capris that went just below my knees.

            "I'll let you in only if you agree that you look just a little goofy, especially since it is winter time." I tapped my foot annoyed. "AND you have to say I'm your bestest friend in the whole world."

            I took in a deep breath and laughed a little. "Ok I get it. I look funny and your my bestest friend here." I said annoyed.

            "Just here" she asked giving me a wild eye.

"Fine in the whole world," I sighed as she opened the door. "Thank you." I muttered under my breath.

            She smirked at me. "Now go get on a sweatshirt or two at least." She said pointing upstairs. I walked up the stairs silently not wanting to wake her dad, Nathan, at 6 am. I grabbed her long black sweatshirt with blue lettering and graffiti hearts.

            "All ready," I joked as I came back down. She laughed and we headed out the door.

                                                                           ~<3~ ! ~<3~

            It began to snow as we got to the park. "Summer Frost!" Called a voice. I turned to see my friend Shane walking over with a smirk on his face. "Summer what you crazy it's like 30 below zero out here." He said.

            I took off the sweatshirt that Cleo gave me. "Am I the crazy one?" I laughed. He just smirked. The snow was coming down lightly and I had flakes in my blonde hair. They were melting as soon as they hit me and I laughed.

            "Sum you got to come see this!" called Cleo from the woods. I nodded. There on the ground was a girl. Who looked like me only her hair was a bright fiery red. And her skin was tanner.

"Are you ok... where did you come from... do you need help." I kept asking the girl questions. Soon I realized that she had an arrow pierced through her body. "We got to get out of here man." I said. Shane nodded and so did Cleo. We left without alarming the police... and without knowing that she was my mother.