"Please, stop." Kol's voice broke as he sobbed watching his true love's life be ripped away from her too soon, Kol knew that their relationship was always doomed from him being immortal and her being merely a human. Her Saffron mark fading away from her wrist, the once vibrant colours know as pale as a ghost. As the saffron mark faded away so did her soul and so did her life. Once the chamber was locked, his love fell to the floor with a thud, her face as white as snow.

In a typical Mikaelson rage, Kol massacred every single witch in the whole of Crete to avenge his lost love. No matter how many children, women and men he brutally murdered nothing would bring back his Lizzie and nothing would take away the heavy feeling he felt in his heart that was once was filled with passion for an angel but now was a stone dead cold organ in his body, he was back where he started.

-

Angelina

"So I'm an angel, and Klaus needs me to open the chamber?" I asked Damon as we were all sat around the living area after the party discussing what I was. I inspected my wrist of the Saffron Flower. I was a Saffron Girl, I wasn't human.

"Well if you wanted to dumb it down like that then yeah I guess you are." Damon calmly spoke after telling the long ass story about an angel called Elizabeth and an original vampire called Kol. "So what are my abilities and all that stuff? Like can I fly or do magic?" I buzzed. I wasn't a plain human, I was an angel, whatever that meant.

"No, not exactly. You can't just use them when you want. An angel picks a person they protect and watch over with their subconscious. That's only when your abilities can come into place." Bonnie answered. I put two and two together that Bonnie had vision about me being an angel or Saffron girl but I was dying to know what it was.

"So Fellow Human is not Fellow Human anymore?" Matt asked with a sad look on his face, I gave him a slight smile. You don't understand how being human is so precious until it is ripped away from you.

"Aw, Matty. I'm still human at heart." I patted his shoulder comfortingly which he smiled at but it not meeting his eyes.

"So who will I protect?" I asked, clutching my necklace. There was something about this necklace that I had grown a connection to. I knew it was powerful in it's own way but I was yet to figure out why it was powerful and what power it held.

"Your conscience picks that, not you. With angels it tends to be their soul mates, someone they deeply love." Bonnie replied. Deeply love, I had no idea what it felt like to be in love and if Elizabeth Saffron was in love with Kol Mikaelson why did she not protect him from the witches?

"Actually Bennett, it could be anyone." A British accent called out from behind us, Damon sped over to me and held me with a firm grip as I turned around to be faced with an attractive male. A slight stubble on his jawline, sandy blonde hair and plump red lips.

"Klaus." Damon hissed at him as he pushed me behind him away from Niklaus' line of vision. "Damon Salvatore, thanks for looking after her but I'll be needing her now. You either hand her over now or heads will roll, including yours." Klaus narrowed his eyes down at Damon especially.

"Why would I just sign her death certificate now?" Damon's fangs appeared but I untangled myself from his grip. "Damon, it's okay." I clutched my necklace for protection which I had done a lot since I had required it.

"Ah the young angel withholds the Saffron Crested Necklace." Klaus chuckles, inspecting the necklace but not daring to touch it with his slender fingers. "Have you ever been to Crete, Angelina?" He asks me before I'm snatched, Klaus dashes away out the door with a firm grip on my arm. It felt like he ran for miles and miles as I was dragged through various woods but everything was a blur and I felt dizzy from the speed the vampire was going at.