Day 5 Write a paragraph set...

On the bottom of the Ocean

“Why did I agree to go with you again?” Mel said in an angry tone.

“Because you wanted to see the underwater world,” John answered in the same voice, “remember? You practically begged me to take you with me.”

Mel crossed her arms. “You said you knew what you were doing. Nothing could possibly go wrong.”

“And how was I supposed to know the engine would die out? I’m sure the coastguard will come get us out soon.”

Mel shifted her eyes to the side. “Sure. Because they know we need help with the radio dying on us,” she muttered. What should have been a nice day in a submarine, had turned into a nightmare. They were miles away from the coastline and leagues below the surface. The engine had died out and they had no way of signaling the aquamarine station where John had taken an internship. She had always admired him, but it seemed he was quite useless. The first problem they encountered and he had thrown in the towel. 

Mel sighed. The captain had said the air supply would hold out for a while longer and the crew was busy trying to fix the problem, but Mel was still uncomfortable. She glanced out of the small window into the depths of the ocean. Was it her imagination or was the air growing more dense? She jumped when the lights flickered.

They were going to die here.