3.8

3.8

It's snowing in November.

"Fûcking hate snow." Brooke grumbles as she dusts off the sleeves to her coat.

"With time i'm sure it'll grow on me." I sigh, turning my head over my shoulder to look back at the doors we had just walked through. I want to stay outside and watch the snowflakes melt against the cement but Brooklyn is too irritated that mother nature decided to change seasons a bit earlier than planned.

"I can't believe you've never seen snow, ever." Cassidy chuckles next to me, pulling her beanie from her head. Austin was having car troubles and wouldn't be making it to school.

It's been a few days since Cassidy had allowed him to deflower her and they didn't seem quite conjoined at the hip anymore but they were still head over heels for one another. A part of me thinks that Cassidy had asked to set a bit of boundaries to adjust to no longer having her virginity. Then again I couldn't help but notice how heated their make out sessions became on the couch during the hour he was over and another part of me thinks that she's adjusting just fine.

"I'm from a very hot part of California. The lowest our winters get is at least 65. So snow never makes an appearance." Feeling the heat of the building I rip off my beanie as well.

"Well sorry to disappoint you, but by the time we leave this hell hole there'll be nothing but wet grass outside." Brooke slings her arm around my shoulder and leans against me a bit as Cassidy bids her goodbye, breaking away into the hall that her locker was located.

"I don't expect it to stick." I laugh. Outside was nothing but a soft snow fall, the ground a bit too warm to allow the flakes to build up and create inches of white fluffy fun.

"Can you believe this is our last week until break?" She tightens her hold around me, pulling me closer.

"Yes, also meaning I have a whole week until I have to see Taylor." My stomach knots at the thought of this. My tactics of diverting the subject of my visit didn't last long and I am to see him next Monday. This gives me time to focus on midterms but knowing that literally a week from today that I'm going to see a guy who could possibly hate me makes it a bit hard to focus on anything.

Just the thought of going to see him and having to hear that bitter distant tone in his voice twists at my gut. Never in my life have I worried, or even cared about how people felt about me all too much but with Taylor it meant something.

Unintentionally I had hurt him, not thinking my actions through when I chose Calvin over him. I had ripped myself from his life despite him being the one who left that night. I had chose a guy who hadn't even remembered that it was my birthday over him, someone who had given me a present weeks in advance because he figured I wouldn't get the chance to see him.

When Calvin had tore Taylor's gift from my neck, breaking the clasps, it was as if all life had been taken from me. The only thing that was keeping my faith had been ripped from me, nearly shattering everything I had worked so hard to repair. It took a lot in me to reply back to Mrs. Palmer and even demand that Calvin give it back. Upon seeing the engraving I was instantly taken back to the first time he has called me princess.

By the butterflies that had fluttered in my stomach I knew that Taylor had hooked me from the minute I met him. It's probably why I didn't demand he leave me be when he sat down in front of me in the diner a few hours later. My heart had already started to let him in before my brain could even figure out why he was there in the first place.

The overhead bell pulls me from my thoughts and to the fact that my body had subconsciously lead me to my class. Thankfully I keep my morning classes in my bag to save me the trouble of going to my locker.