2.2

2.2

I couldn't get the sound of his voice out of my head. The rough gravelly tone of a monster that haunted my dreams now haunted my thoughts as well. His words make it harder to breathe. Each breath felt as if there was cement weighing down my chest. If I could remember how to breathe with my diaphragm I would but I doubt that would be any better.

"Hey, you okay?" Fingers gently brush against my arm. Before they could even get the chance to wrap around my bicep I snatch away. Now was not the time to touch me.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I turn to Brooke and give her a toothy smile. My lips twitch as I struggle to keep the façade.

Her chocolate covered eyes narrow as she searches my face. I pray that she doesn't find anything too out of the ordinary and she blames my edginess on my lack of caffeine this morning.

Her eyes soften with a slightly worried sigh. It was a sigh that said even though she wanted to question me further she wouldn't. "Did you hear what I said at least?"

"No, i'm sorry."

"I was talking about Johannes's party next weekend and if we should even bother going." There was a sudden aloofness to her tone. However she and I both know that she was dying to see the inside of this Johannes's house.

"Depending on who's invited." I tend not to go to parties where a certain crowd of people were going to attend. Aka the crowd my boyfriend belongs to. While Calvin was no stranger to alcohol I had made a promise to myself that I would never drink and romance. The less chances of having drunk unprotected sex the better. I was there to have fun, not stress over if my boyfriend would take advantage of me in my intoxicated state which shouldn't be a worry a girlfriend possessed but with Calvin I never know.

"Don't worry your preppy little boyfriend wont be there. I hear there's live music though." Looking up from her current activity, picking at her nails, she gives me a charming smile.

Brooke was very persuasive and manipulative. Two traits that I adored in her. If it wasn't for her, I would never break out of my routine every once in a while. She had a way of making things be seen in a different light. While one would see making out with five different people as a bad thing she made it seem inviting and fun, however I was a faithful girlfriend despite my reoccurring dreams about a certain raven haired, blue eyed, boy.

She was also an amazing liar. She was better at it than I was. If I didn't hang out with her outside of school I would've never known she could preform a keg stand for ninety seconds, nor would I know about her secret tattoo and piercings. In her eyes padded bra's were her saving grace.

"Do you know who is playing?" There was rumor in my text messages with Jasmine that Oliver was back in town, having being kicked out of school for reasons unknown.

"Some local band. Apparently they're really good and Johannes just so happens to know someone who knows the lead singer of this band." The smile on her face grew as she glances around the library. Despite being the only ones here she leans in, cupping her hand against the side of her mouth to whisper. "I hear that there's gonna be college boys there and you know how I love me some older men."

I laugh, closing the notebook that I had no interest writing in. "I don't see why, they aren't anything special."

She lets out an unattractive, unladylike, snort. "They know how to use it better than these high schoolers."

"Not all of them. Plus isn't your latest boyfriend in our grade?" I arch my brow curiously.

"And I rest my case." Leaning back Brooke snaps her U.S. History book closed, brushing her fingers through her hair and letting out a groan. "Gosh I hate this worse the second time around."